PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2021

For all F1 scale model news...

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2021

Post by JamesB »

JamesB wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:49 am Sorry but I find it a waste... OK, the good side is that they feel the market healthy (and wealthy) enough to do a repeat.
Nevertheless the 1986 car would have been a better choice IMHO...
Ahem!!!! I am dumb enough :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: not to have seen it's a 1/12 :D :D :D :D WOOOOOW!!!!! finally a modern release of 1/12 plastic car.
250 eu is not exactly cheap, but compared with the price of the 1/20s is just great!!
And again it's a "declinable" car as the Tamiya 1/20 was. More than one will go for the backdating 8)
stubeck wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am I'll be buying it when it comes out assuming its reasonably priced in the US. That price isn't bad they've quoted there. Assuming they go with the 99T based on licensing with Honda potentially being easier than Renault?
probably. Anyway, any chance it's the late season car? a holly grail for many and clearly different. I am surprised for the double periscope holes on the body!! :shock: anyone?

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

allnie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:47 am Ebbro is also coming with a 1/20 Lotus 33. Seems to be the Tamiya Lotus 25 + additional parts to convert into Lotus 33. NICE.
Would that be what is needed to do a very late 25?
Last edited by Orso on Fri May 14, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

stubeck wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am I'll be buying it when it comes out assuming its reasonably priced in the US. That price isn't bad they've quoted there. Assuming they go with the 99T based on licensing with Honda potentially being easier than Renault?
Ditto, I am budgeting for this.

Steve

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

JamesB wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 pm More than one will go for the backdating 8)
I also wonder if MP4/4 could be in their future plans. I am no expert, but I think Honda engine in MP4/4 was similar or the same.
And after that how about FW11B ? Did it have similar Honda engine ?
Conversion into 98T will be obvious one for sure.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

JamesB wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 pm
JamesB wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:49 am Sorry but I find it a waste... OK, the good side is that they feel the market healthy (and wealthy) enough to do a repeat.
Nevertheless the 1986 car would have been a better choice IMHO...
Ahem!!!! I am dumb enough :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: not to have seen it's a 1/12 :D :D :D :D WOOOOOW!!!!! finally a modern release of 1/12 plastic car.
250 eu is not exactly cheap, but compared with the price of the 1/20s is just great!!
And again it's a "declinable" car as the Tamiya 1/20 was. More than one will go for the backdating 8)
probably. Anyway, any chance it's the late season car? a holly grail for many and clearly different. I am surprised for the double periscope holes on the body!! :shock: anyone?
Hopefully that means you can make it into different versions. At one point 20 years ago I had a Studio 27 Lotus 99T conversion kit that moved the hole for the turbo inlets. I won't pretend to know enough about the car to know if it was a conversion to a 98T or not.

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

JamesB wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 pm Anyway, any chance it's the late season car? a holly grail for many and clearly different. I am surprised for the double periscope holes on the body!! :shock: anyone?
Nichenson did a great thread a few years ago explaining the various transkits available for Tamiya's 99T:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28648

According to the informations in that thread, some personal research and the preview pictures by Lunokhod (Thank you!!!) I would say the kit represents the Monaco version.
Nakajima's car still had the old snorcles at Monaco, while Senna used a new rounded version. On one picture I have seen from Monaco Sennas car even had holes for both verions, with the unused one simply being closed with yellow tape.

prancing_fox
F3
F3
Your Name: Igor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Felipe Massa
Ukraine

Post by prancing_fox »

There is a poster above the kit prototype with Senna in Loews hairpin.

Ffracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Mercedes
United States of America

Post by Ffracer »

Looks great.....at 23,000 yen it’s a bargain compared to MFH kits.

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Post by PJE »

allnie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:47 am Ebbro is also coming with a 1/20 Lotus 33. Seems to be the Tamiya Lotus 25 + additional parts to convert into Lotus 33. NICE.
I haven’t heard this news nor can I find any. Any more details? I’m very excited about this!

Paul Erlendson

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

PJE wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:34 pm I haven’t heard this news nor can I find any. Any more details? I’m very excited about this!

Paul Erlendson
I am pretty sure you are, Paul! :D