Topic author
steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Current WRC Models?

Post by steveracer »

Anybody have any industry insight on this subject?

I would like to build a current WRC model, but don't seem to be able to find anyone that makes these?

Surprised that Tamiya won't release the Toyota Yaris WRC now that they have a strong winning car and a driver championship.

Any insight ?

Thanks.

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Current WRC Models?

Post by eyckles »

Belkits made one of the modern WRC cars like the 2017 Ford Fiesta WRC and VW Polo 2013, 2015 and 2016. Next release would be the Huyndai i20 2019 and Citroën C3 WRC 2018
Best regards,
Lesley

Topic author
steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

Great thanks! I will look for the Hyundai. I haven’t seen that one.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

steveracer wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:33 pm Anybody have any industry insight on this subject?

I would like to build a current WRC model, but don't seem to be able to find anyone that makes these?

Surprised that Tamiya won't release the Toyota Yaris WRC now that they have a strong winning car and a driver championship.

Any insight ?

Thanks.
I've got good news for you, though it's not exactly about "building".
HAchette (in Italy) and Salvat (in Spain) have, AT LAST!!! issued a really nice diecast WRC collection. Dont say "nah! diecast are not my thing" so fast. Models are really nice, bodyworks are excellent, and sujects quite yummy, let alone they are not in sight by any plastic make. One of them is exactly the Toyota Yaris. I'll post some pics later. Me for instance, gonna get rid of my Heller DS3 and buy a finished diecast. The other day I bought TWO 037 and they are really awesome...

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

eyckles wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:39 pm Belkits made one of the modern WRC cars like the 2017 Ford Fiesta WRC and VW Polo 2013, 2015 and 2016. Next release would be the Huyndai i20 2019 and Citroën C3 WRC 2018
Get the Polo if you can find it, I had an order at a US retailer and six months later they went silent and had to do a refund through my credit card company. I've seen some good kits of the Hyundai, but really wish someone would do the Yaris.

TvD
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Tim
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lando Norris and McLaren
New Zealand

Post by TvD »

steveracer wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:34 pm Great thanks! I will look for the Hyundai. I haven’t seen that one.
Don't look too hard, it's not out yet! I think it should be released somewhere in 2021.
My Scalemodel gallery: https://photos.keepturningleft.com

Topic author
steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

TvD wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:15 am
steveracer wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:34 pm Great thanks! I will look for the Hyundai. I haven’t seen that one.
Don't look too hard, it's not out yet! I think it should be released somewhere in 2021.
LOL too late, spent the morning perusing the internets and found out the same thing! However, the good news is that is should be spring, and the fact that there will be a model of this cool car! i think it is a curbside though....

TvD
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Tim
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lando Norris and McLaren
New Zealand

Post by TvD »

steveracer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:47 am
TvD wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:15 am
LOL too late, spent the morning perusing the internets and found out the same thing! However, the good news is that is should be spring, and the fact that there will be a model of this cool car! i think it is a curbside though....
All plastic rallycar models are curbside I think. I’ve built quite a few an have never come across one containing a full engine.
My Scalemodel gallery: https://photos.keepturningleft.com

Topic author
steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

All plastic rallycar models are curbside I think. I’ve built quite a few an have never come across one containing a full engine.
I am interested in converting the cars to gravel spec, like your Skoda - that looks like a real rally car and not a beauty queen. I have ordered Buffum''s Quattro, and there is a Sylvia - a 200SX here in the US, that is a street car that will be converted to a Group A car.

I have built two Tamiya kits, the Peugeot T16 and Fiat 131 - both of those in 1/20 have engine detail. The 1/24 scale 037 has a block and some detail seen from the outside which adds to the look as well.

Love the XJR 14 now that looks awesome!

Do you know if detail up parts are generally available for gravel Michelins and/or OZ or Speedline, or Enkei rally wheels? I saw some available online that were cast resin, but the offset was slighty wrong for my needs - I think I have to get an RP maching and create my own....sigh!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Whoops, the ones I saw on facebook were actually a resin kit.