Re: 1/20 NewScratch kits

Post by Tyrone »

gilles.r wrote:Hi
Raccoon website announces the 2019 Mercedes 1/20 kits

Let's see them here :
https://raccoon-shop.com/SHOP/557915/1108417/list.html

Bye
Gilles
Has anybody ordered from this website before? Do they post the UK can I Use PayPal, whats the general customer service like etc...

Thanks!

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Gilles
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault and Ligier
France

Re: 1/20 NewScratch kits

Post by gilles.r »

Tyrone wrote:
gilles.r wrote:Hi
Raccoon website announces the 2019 Mercedes 1/20 kits
Let's see them here :
https://raccoon-shop.com/SHOP/557915/1108417/list.html
Bye
Gilles
Has anybody ordered from this website before? Do they post the UK can I Use PayPal, whats the general customer service like etc...

Thanks!
Hi,

you can order 100% faithfully : I suppose they can ship to UK, as to France !
You can use paypal and choose your shipment way

I can send you the email to use
Bye
Gilles

SebLeung
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: MULTIMEDIA Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

Post by SebLeung »

If anyone is curious about this W10 kit, here's an excerpt form their instruction manual that was posted:

Assembly looks straight forward as uprights are printed with some suspension arms attached. I'm hoping this means you won't need to play around with the ride height as much. Main concerns would be how much smoothing is required for the printed plastic parts, and how well the suspension arms/plastic pins can support the resin body. I'm curious to see how the decals and livery will work, with the little stars that cover most of the body and the silver-black gradient. You might need to manually airbrush that in which would be a very big challenge. I also see that the tyres are moulded after S27 or MFH Pirellis which is unfortunate. Can somebody please make moulds of the Tamiya SF70H Pirellis??

Otherwise I'm hopeful for this kit as I don't really enjoy working with white metal.
http://www.f1modelling.com

klinad
F2
F2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH
China

Post by klinad »

SebLeung wrote:If anyone is curious about this W10 kit, here's an excerpt form their instruction manual that was posted:

Assembly looks straight forward as uprights are printed with some suspension arms attached. I'm hoping this means you won't need to play around with the ride height as much. Main concerns would be how much smoothing is required for the printed plastic parts, and how well the suspension arms/plastic pins can support the resin body. I'm curious to see how the decals and livery will work, with the little stars that cover most of the body and the silver-black gradient. You might need to manually airbrush that in which would be a very big challenge. I also see that the tyres are moulded after S27 or MFH Pirellis which is unfortunate. Can somebody please make moulds of the Tamiya SF70H Pirellis??

Otherwise I'm hopeful for this kit as I don't really enjoy working with white metal.
I ordered the 1/43 W10 kits from them before. In general it was quite smooth, but details and small fins were also way to thick for that scale. Somesay that the printed parts would deformed after some time so I think you may need to add supports under the floor. Liveries were fine but you do need to paint the black shades, I think it's fine. Though it won't give you black fingers as the white metal does, you still need to clean up all the support structures, there maybe dozens of them on each part.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

klinad wrote:I ordered the 1/43 W10 kits from them before. In general it was quite smooth, but details and small fins were also way to thick for that scale. Somesay that the printed parts would deformed after some time so I think you may need to add supports under the floor. Liveries were fine but you do need to paint the black shades, I think it's fine. Though it won't give you black fingers as the white metal does, you still need to clean up all the support structures, there maybe dozens of them on each part.
1/43 looks to be fully 3D printed. 1/20 in comparison, has PE and resin parts. Hopefully some of thickness issues are addressed this way. And may be less cleanup.