For all F1 scale model news...

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Re: MULTIMEDIA Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

Post by PJE »

F1tommy wrote:FPPM has posted photos of the wire wheels he will use on the 1/20th scale Auto Union and Mercedes pre WWII cars he is doing. They are hand laced and much nicer than photoetch as many of you that have the 1/24th models of the same cars know. I told him the F1 1/20th scale guys are very fussy about construction and fit no matter how accurate you make it. Also the 1/20th F1 guys love everything as long as it says made in Japan. Prove me wrong and buy these made in Portugal kits.

https://www.facebook.com/fernandopintom ... ?pnref=lhc
Oh, I so want those! I’ll need 6 for my hill climb version.

Paul Erlendson

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

F1tommy wrote:FPPM ... Also the 1/20th F1 guys love everything as long as it says made in Japan. Prove me wrong and buy these made in Portugal kits.
I would buy his kits if they were of great quality. From what I've seen so far, they aren't up to level of MFH or plastic kits. So, prove that you can produce kits
of same or better quality and I will buy them. No bias towards country or nationality.

petrov27
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by petrov27 »

F1tommy wrote:FPPM has posted photos of the wire wheels he will use on the 1/20th scale Auto Union and Mercedes pre WWII cars he is doing. They are hand laced and much nicer than photoetch as many of you that have the 1/24th models of the same cars know. I told him the F1 1/20th scale guys are very fussy about construction and fit no matter how accurate you make it. Also the 1/20th F1 guys love everything as long as it says made in Japan. Prove me wrong and buy these made in Portugal kits.

https://www.facebook.com/fernandopintom ... ?pnref=lhc
Huh strange I have many F1 1/20 short/run/multimedia kits from outside Japan. This Auto Union looks great and very interested though not an era of F1 I have any of so far...

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

In general the guys on this board love anything from Japan. You know it's true. His kits are resin not plastic so don't compare. You will not find better wire wheel sets on the planet from anywhere. It does take some building talent to build his kits but his shapes are very good, better than Hiro a lot of the time as Hiro does everything CAD and FPPM is done by an artist with a good eye. By the way, I do not make these kits, Fernando Pinto in Portugal does(he is thousands of miles from me).

I told him he should not make 1/20th kits because you guys are to fussy about model construction. You like simple slabs of resin(studio 27) or over complicated kits like Hiro, and plastic from Japan. I am hoping I am wrong for his sake.

fatfrog
Backmarker
Backmarker
Hong Kong

Post by fatfrog »

Found this through the net. Marked as transkit. I know! Please don't mention the name! :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Transkit01.jpg

Eric1968
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Eric Evain
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alain Prost
France

Post by Eric1968 »

Any link ?

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

fatfrog wrote:Found this through the net. Marked as transkit. I know! Please don't mention the name! :lol: :lol:
Where can i pre-order? :D
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

fatfrog
Backmarker
Backmarker
Hong Kong

Post by fatfrog »

Guys, pls PM me!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

F1tommy wrote:In general the guys on this board love anything from Japan. You know it's true. His kits are resin not plastic so don't compare. You will not find better wire wheel sets on the planet from anywhere. It does take some building talent to build his kits but his shapes are very good, better than Hiro a lot of the time as Hiro does everything CAD and FPPM is done by an artist with a good eye. By the way, I do not make these kits, Fernando Pinto in Portugal does(he is thousands of miles from me).

I told him he should not make 1/20th kits because you guys are to fussy about model construction. You like simple slabs of resin(studio 27) or over complicated kits like Hiro, and plastic from Japan. I am hoping I am wrong for his sake.
I subscribe ALL the compliments!!! :D

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

JamesB wrote:
F1tommy wrote:In general the guys on this board love anything from Japan. You know it's true. His kits are resin not plastic so don't compare. You will not find better wire wheel sets on the planet from anywhere. It does take some building talent to build his kits but his shapes are very good, better than Hiro a lot of the time as Hiro does everything CAD and FPPM is done by an artist with a good eye. By the way, I do not make these kits, Fernando Pinto in Portugal does(he is thousands of miles from me).

I subscribe ALL the compliments!!! :D
So that's why they don't like my DDP Kits either. :lol:

Did a Fernando Pinto model a while ago:
https://www.f1m.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29772
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.