Got a rumor???

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

ALO to Macca? in '15... or '14?

Post by JamesB »

Yes.
A spanish F1 site that arrogates the "exclusive" on the subjects makes sure that Fer will be back to Ron's team. SURE for 2015. How he'll get rid of his compromise withe Ferrari till the end of 2016, they don't give any detail about.
But there'd be even a strong sponsor that would make it possible for... 2014!!!! :shock: :shock:
It's not Santander, that just signed for three further years (so what? just like Alonso!! I say...).

Then thing is Hulkenberg to Ferrari, and Maldon to Lotus. Massa finds refuge at Sauber.
Should not be a vacant at Ferrari (Fer stays) then it's Hulk to McLaren, I think.

I don't give it much credit: spanish media use to invent similar stuff, but who knows!!
What you think, guys?

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: ALO to Macca? in '15... or '14?

Post by daveyman »

It's surely gonna be the last move he makes so it will have to be right. I like the sound of Maldonado at Lotus tho, good fit I reckon! Massa would be best going back home than tooling around in a Sauber. Everything is pretty up in the air for next year, who knows who will have the strongest car? My money would be on Mercedes if I had to make a choice.

fade_to_black
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by fade_to_black »

Hi James

With move of Raikonnen to Ferrari, Fernando would be great to McLaren to pair with Button.
Also, the Ferrari seat would be great for Hulkenberg! I have no preference to see that in 2014 or 2015, though...
Massa return to Sauber would be bad at this point. Sauber needs young guns willing to move further on the grid, specially if they have money supporting them...
Maldonado for Lotus, must be because of the dollars. I rather see Petrov or Kamui there... far more competitive and with some support, I think.

Just my 2 cents
Finishing: Sauber C30; Lotus 107C
Next: Porsche 917k; Ford Focus WRC 2010

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

Yes, Possible, Wouldn't it be nice to see Lewis go back to McLaren too, they could have another love-in but I bet if Alonso signs any Mc contract it will be that Lewis wouldn't be in the Team while he is!, Is this muted move from Ferrari for Alo because of Kimi's return and he will be too much at the front and won't do what Alo wants? Time for Massa to Go, possibly Button too, the funniest thing I heard was Rubens would like a return to F1... C'mon that has to be a Joke, let the young fast up & coming drivers have a go, enough of these old timers faffing around the tracks.!
Dede.

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

Alonso to McLaren? Seem plausible. I doubt there is any actual agreement in place, but I suspect either 'Nando or Kimi will be looking for an out after 2014, and neither will want to go to a midfielder.

Massa? I think Lotus is his best option at the moment. They won't be as competitive without Kimi, but they're still sort of between the front runners and mid fielders. Grosjean seems to be maturing reasonably well, and a veteran driver with a reputation for working for the team's benefit could be a good mentor. The downside being money, in which case, I could see Lotus angling for Maldonado and his sponsorship.

How hilarious would that be? The two crashiest drivers in F1, both driving for Lotus? :)

If Massa's only choice is Sauber, I could see him jumping to touring cars or enduro racing instead. Really, the only reason to step down to Sauber is to stay in F1; if he just wants to race, he could probably sign on to a better team in a different series, with an easier travel schedule. DTM, perhaps?
Je ne regrette rien.

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chris Amon
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

Dede wrote: the funniest thing I heard was Rubens would like a return to F1...
...as a mobile chicane no doubt :mrgreen: