MarcoSaupe
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: HHF
Germany

Porsche 935/77, Italeri, 1/24

Post by MarcoSaupe »

Hi

Annual Martini-Racing model 2021: Check!

This time it's the Italeri 935/77. Well, Italeri... originally made by Nitto, then Entex, ESCI, Ertl... seems almost every manufacturer had their hands on the moulds in the last 40 years... the kit is old, a typical 70s curbside (though in theory at least you could open the rear deck and see 3 parts that are supposed to... fake an engine, but the less said, the better). Of course you cannot expect much then: the parts are not very detailed (except for the door handles, I like those), lots of flash, headaches for rivetcounters since the model does not really match any particular original car - at least you get new Cartograf decals. BUT: Honestly Italeri, selling a new kit in 2021 where the "hole" in the tires is not in the middle? Really?
I really thought about making some new parts with the 3D printer, but since the paintjob is the only thing on that car I'm really interested in, I just finished it OOB, except for replacing the exhausts with wire end ferrules.
Painted with TS26 and 29, the splitter with a mix of TS8 and 36, Mr. Super Clear on top.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by MarcoSaupe on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: Porsche 935 2.0 Baby, Italeri, 1/24

Post by Icon_Modeler »

I like it a lot. Love the Martini paint scheme!! But please don't call it "Baby". I know that is what it said on the box but this is not "Baby" it is a 935/77 that is all. Baby had no oil cooler in the front airdam and the exhaust came out on the left rear fender :D :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Topic author
MarcoSaupe
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: HHF
Germany

Re: Porsche 935/77, Italeri, 1/24

Post by MarcoSaupe »

Thanks, I changed the title ;)

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Porsche 935/77, Italeri, 1/24

Post by Jeff »

Looks terrific, and would never have guessed the issues with it, judging from the photos