Topic author
ClassicF1
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Great Britain

Re: BME E9 CSL Group 5 Batmobile 1/12

Post by ClassicF1 »

Thanks to everyone that has commented, I really appreciate the nice things you have said. But don't be shy if you see any foobars!

Onwards we go with the dashboard assembly which also forms the top of the firewall in the engine bay and on the Gp5 car is again different to the earlier IMSA car which the kit represents, see the photo in the section above for how the kit sort of looks and this is what the Gp5 car looks like;
50814370541_2616695110_b.jpg
Photo courtesy of Sabrejet on the Britmodeller forum. This is the restored car which has some minor differences to its 1976 layout but notice the compartments on the top of the firewall and the fluid bottles etc. This is also undoubtedly cleaner and tidier than the race car in period!

So out came the plastic card and another dive into the spares box -
IMG_6264.jpg
I filled the ventilation slots on the dash as the restored car doesn't have them - then recently found a period picture that shows them! They're not coming back....
So some paint -
IMG_6290.jpg
Then the fluid bottles were added -
IMG_6296.jpg
On the other side BBK instrument decals were added to the dials then glazed with a clear artists medium -
IMG_6288.jpg
Attention getters are Decalcas clear light domes tinted with Tamiya and Mr Paint clear tints. The red dash finish is very 1970's don't you think? The whole thing was then added to the floor pan -
IMG_6350.jpg
This picture also shows the added fuel pipe along the firewall above the heat shield made from the top of an easy spread butter, the oil lines that will feed the engine, brake cylinders (ex Tamiya kit) from the spares box and a fuel pressure valve on the inner wing. I've got to make up a steering coupling from the rack to the firewall before the engine goes in.
I'll show the dash side in the next update which will show the cabin and roll cage.
See you next time.
Dave