GB Turbo Era - Ferrari 126C2 Turbo Imola 1982

Topic author
tito
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: GB Turbo Era - Ferrari 126C2 Turbo Imola 1982

Post by tito »

Thanks mates.

@Tormentor: Thanks for the advice. I´ve already checked the work of a modelist from the forum that had that problem. I will correct it when I build the usa west version (hope that it will go right after this one I´m building).

Yesterday I had an extra help.

Seems that my cat is a hobby fan :)

Regards
Tito

Topic author
tito
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tito »

Cheers.

More advances in the engine:

Just a few details more and this part is finish and ready to assemble.

Now it´s time to take care of the chassis...

This is a picture of how it looks now, but the paint job I did wasn´t good....I need to take of all the paint and them re-paint it again, specially on the floor side.

Regards
Tito

Topic author
tito
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tito »

Hello to you all.
Just a quick update.

I continue to paint the chassis and body of the 126C2.For the chassis paint I´m using aerograf. For the Body I´m using a tamiya spray.

I think that today I will finish them both.

I´m also doing some research on the car that raced in Imola, and I found some interesting details on it. Later today or tomorrow I will make a better description about it.

Cheers
Tito

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Hi tito...

Welcome back, nice to see the 126C2 being built and the infamous Imola version.
I see your Quality Controller, is scanning an expert eye over your proceedings so
far. So no need to pressure you further with my opinion :lol: apart from you're
doing a grand job :wink: Keep posting updates tito!!!
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

Topic author
tito
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tito »

Thank you tiffoc :)

I wasn´t abble to take pics...This weekend was focused in house renovations, but on saturday I was abble to do some paintjob in the car. So it´s ready for the polish work and then time to apply decals.

The body is already good, but the chassis needs another paintwork, now it has a two tone paint :S

I hope that today I can post some pics.

Cheers
Tito

Topic author
tito
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tito »

Cheers.

Finally I had some time to post something worth seing. Sorry but the last days were busy...

So, I made some research about the car Gilles drove in Imola, and I found some interesting stuf.

First of alll, I read the 126c2 turbo spoters guide that is available in the forum (Many thanks to the guys that did it) in order to find some extra detail, and I really did found some, like the gurney flaps that Gilles car had, on the contrary of Pironis car. This is the kind of stuf that I wouldn´t spot if it wasn´t the guide.

The other thing I´ve discover are the front brake scoops.

This photo was taken during the practice/qualifying session in Imola. As you see the scoops are quite diferent from the ones Fujimi supply with the kit. You can also see the Gurney flaps on the back of the body.

On the pictures ahead, taken during the race, you can see the diferent ducts that Gilles and Didier have. Although the Gurney flaps aren´t visible they are there.

After I saw this photos, I wanted to confirm it watching other photos from Zolder, and I confirmed the shape of the scoops...

These two were taken in Zolder, and they confirmed that Gilles had the Gurney flaps and brake scoops he used in the Imola Grand Prix.
So, since the kit doesn´t have these scoops, I have to find a way to make them...Or buy the Monaco gp version of this car (the one with Didier, that has the correct scoops for this version).
I will have to think it over...

Regards
Tito

Topic author
tito
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tito »

Cheers.

Yesterday was painting day.

Just some photos of the progress:
This is my painting "office"

The 126C2 Chassis and the weels of other project I´m improving, the Tyrrell P34 from Japan 76, a car I did some years ago. Back then I had no rain tyres, so now I´m puting them in the car.

The chassis is aleady ok, yesterday I was making a fiting test with the engine. Today or tomorrow I´m going to glue everything.

The body (that I forgot to take pictures) is already done. So now it´s time to put the decals. After it I´m going to make the gurney flaps with evergreen, paint it and glue it to the body. I believe that until the end of the week I will make all these steps.

Cheers

accuracing
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Villeneuve
Canada

Post by accuracing »

Hi

The infamous 126 C2 brake scoops. These are always a problem with most kits in any scale. I'm curious to see the ones in the Fujimi Monaco version.
So far, I've seen a lot of snorkel types like the ones mainly used by Pironi, but the shorter ones, i'm still waiting for a properly shape parts.
Even MFH in their 1/12 kits took a short cut and simplified the shape.

In the spotter's guide, there is a shot that shows the front wheel hub (without the wheel) and you can see that there is some sort of fairing that covers the forward section of the brake disk. It doesn't seems to be a caliper but more like a cooling duct. These were also used in 1981 on the 126 CK.

A while back, I've started to sculpt a set for my 1/12 Protar, there is still some work to be done before they get molded, but it is going somewhere.
126c2Bel.jpg
scoop112.jpg
126scoop.jpg
Hope this helps a bit

Cheers

Topic author
tito
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tito »

Hello.

Many thanks for the photos accuracing, they are very useful :)
Hum...I checked the instructions for the Monaco GP car of Pironi and the brake scoops of the front brakes are the same as the ones of the Imola car of Gilles, so buying this one is not an alternative. The same hapens with the Zolder version :/

You can see the intructions of the kit following this link:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10083100z6/70/6

It seems that I will have to "work" on the brake scoops of the kit in order to make them look like the real ones.
Great, this will be a chalenge to me :) I´ve never tried to make something like it, so it will be a first attempt to me. Let´s see if I don´t ruin the kit...

Cheers
Tito

Topic author
tito
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tito »

Cheers.

More advances on the car:)

Finally the body looks like I want, after I restart the paint job twice. The next time I will do it only using the aerograph.

On the chassis, after I finished the paint job I tried to see if everything fited perfectly.

Wich it did fit :)

So, time to glue everything (although the cokpit looks glued, actually it isn´t. I want to put some extra detail (wires)):

Finally it starts to look like a proper F1 car :)

So, after this, my next steps will be:

- repaint a part of the skirts (unfortunately a bit of glue in my gloves went to it, so I need to paint it with a brush);

- Improve the cokpit with wires and other stuf to make more resemble to the real car)

- Take of the uper part of the gas deposit (the black piece in the photos and repaint it)

- Put the decals in the body.

Regards to you all