Poll on what yrs we should model!!!!

What yrs should we model for the 70's build?????

1970-1979
60%
1970-1980
40%

Total votes: 52

Topic author
rtedore
World Champion
World Champion

Poll on what yrs we should model!!!!

Post by rtedore »

Above I have created a poll on what yrs should we model for the 70's build? Should we include 1980 as well in the build? The pole will run only for 5 days so cast your vote. I was trying to make this really simple but at the same time I want to make everyone happy and enjoy the build.
BEST REGARDS
ROY TEDORE

"I BUILD FOR REFLECTION, NOT FOR PERFECTION"

ROY TEDORE 1993

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: Poll on what yrs we should model!!!!

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Deleted because this was basically a repost of information found in a different thread that I had not seen before posting. And yes Daniel I referenced Wikipedia

:D :D :D
Last edited by Icon_Modeler on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

drledford93
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by drledford93 »

You really just sourced Wikipedia? Really? ;)

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

Actually for the perspective of an era of cars the cutoff should be 1968 or 1969. These were the transition years from the cars for no wing or aero aid to the current era of bodies creating down force with flat panels and wings. The 68 cars look like 67 cars sprouting a couple of wings and the 69 cars have morphed into something we would recognize today. Just my thoughts.

smbrm1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: BRM, Lotus, Ferrari
Canada

Post by smbrm1 »

Would there be any relevance to making the time period equal to the 3 litre formula 1966-1986? Just an idea. Then we aren't debating what a decade is?

hquednau
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by hquednau »

LIGIER= YES

LIGIER= NO
Attachments
"YES
"YES
"NO"
"NO"

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I thought it was clear!
OK, let's take the chance of voting to doa bit of campaign: I don't see a reason to limit more. If one wants NOT to make a 1980 car, why to limit the ones that DO WANT? OK, ok, with this same reasoning we might also accept 1981, but we are talking of just one year.
I am always supporter of the options that SUM, so I'd say that if there are so far 8 '80 votes, that means we might have 8 interesting '80 projects we'd be missing, what a waste, right? ;-) going for just 70-79 does not biring anything, just detracts.
So now we had been enjoyed with the possibilkity of 1980, why to lose it?
Since the doubt is if decade includes 1970-79 or 1971-80, a Salomonical solution is 1970-80.
Besides we'll see the ideas of '79 being materialised in 1980. The suggested idea of concentrating in the "significant" part of seventies, I don't share: as I said, a great share of the interest is seeing how the consepts evolve during the decade, so I'd say
GO FOR 70-->80!!! :)

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

JamesB wrote:I thought it was clear!
OK, let's take the chance of voting to doa bit of campaign: I don't see a reason to limit more. If one wants NOT to make a 1980 car, why to limit the ones that DO WANT? OK, ok, with this same reasoning we might also accept 1981, but we are talking of just one year.
I am always supporter of the options that SUM, so I'd say that if there are so far 8 '80 votes, that means we might have 8 interesting '80 projects we'd be missing, what a waste, right? ;-) going for just 70-79 does not biring anything, just detracts.
So now we had been enjoyed with the possibilkity of 1980, why to lose it?
Since the doubt is if decade includes 1970-79 or 1971-80, a Salomonical solution is 1970-80.
Besides we'll see the ideas of '79 being materialised in 1980. The suggested idea of concentrating in the "significant" part of seventies, I don't share: as I said, a great share of the interest is seeing how the consepts evolve during the decade, so I'd say
GO FOR 70-->80!!! :)
I agree 100%

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

I don't understand the question. I thought that we were going to build cars from the 70'th (1970-79), not decade no. 70

drledford93
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by drledford93 »

My whole initial question (in another thread) about the decade argument was one made mostly in jest. *Officially*, a decade is from 'X1 to '(X+1)0 but we can make the rules anything we want. To me, it's no big deal.

I agree with James--let's get the "biggest tent" we can and be inclusive, so I say '70-'80.