Poll on what yrs we should model!!!!

What yrs should we model for the 70's build?????

1970-1979
60%
1970-1980
40%

Total votes: 52

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Poll on what yrs we should model!!!!

Post by JamesB »

And surely without trying something as unpolite as bending your votes, I cheekily remind lass and lasses that they can change an already given vote.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And that including '80 would favour the release of an Ensign MN80.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And something else as interesting or more :twisted: :twisted:

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Seeing as there are no formal rules or prizes to worry about and the whole scheme is about getting people building, contributing and enjoying the hobby I would also say include 1980. Let's not get hung up on this.

Topic author
rtedore
World Champion
World Champion

Post by rtedore »

To me it doesn't matter if we have 1980 in the build or not. I have my picks that I will be building. The only reason for the pole is make everyone happy. I want this to be a fun build with no politics involved. As someone said one year will not make a difference. Just keep in mind this no contest just a good time for all. 8)
BEST REGARDS
ROY TEDORE

"I BUILD FOR REFLECTION, NOT FOR PERFECTION"

ROY TEDORE 1993

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chris Amon
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

JamesB wrote:And surely without trying something as unpolite as bending your votes, I cheekily remind lass and lasses that they can change an already given vote.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And that including '80 would favour the release of an Ensign MN80.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I changed my vote in favour of the underdog, and I'm not even planning on making something :lol: (I'll be stoked if I can finish my Lotus 25 next year let alone the luxury of making something else)

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

....keep this a fun and relaxed thing. to many rules and polls could take the fun away. I would also like to join in and build something rare...maybe from S27

daniel

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

I agree, let's just keep it fun. I'm with Orso, I thought the decision had already been made. Didn't really understand the need for this thread other then to confuse everyone. I'm just going to try and use this Group Build as a platform to motivate me to build something since it has been nearly a year since I have done any modeling. Hell it may not even be from the 70's. To me the year is not important or the point as many of you have already said just using this as motivation to build and share on the forums should be the point.

:D :D :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Icon_Modeler wrote:I agree, let's just keep it fun. I'm with Orso, I thought the decision had already been made. Didn't really understand the need for this thread other then to confuse everyone.
+1!!
Icon_Modeler wrote: I'm just going to try and use this Group Build as a platform to motivate me to build something since it has been nearly a year since I have done any modeling. Hell it may not even be from the 70's.
:D :D :D
+2! (at least!)
daniel wrote:....keep this a fun and relaxed thing. to many rules and polls could take the fun away. I would also like to join in and build something rare...maybe from S27

daniel
+1 too!

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

JamesB wrote:And surely without trying something as unpolite as bending your votes, I cheekily remind lass and lasses that they can change an already given vote.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now i have a reason to vote! :lol:
My long awaited Ensign to build a Jan Lammers version.
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

Topic author
rtedore
World Champion
World Champion

Post by rtedore »

I have come to a decision about the build. I did not realize that one year would be such a concern so to make everyone happy it will still be a 70's era build but if you build a car from 1980 no big deal in my book. I do not want to make this political in any means just a fun, and good time build for all. Please no more talk about definitions of the word decade or anything of that nature. Everyone has there opinion but since this is not a contest I do not see what the hoopla is about. Lets have some fun my friends and start your planning for the build and lets concentrate on what is really important, the thrill and the fun of the hobby. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's WIPS and completed projects. Happy Holidays everyone!!!!! :) :)
BEST REGARDS
ROY TEDORE

"I BUILD FOR REFLECTION, NOT FOR PERFECTION"

ROY TEDORE 1993