Formula E cars

Ask away....

Topic author
SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Formula E cars

Post by SeanMAIN »

While I like Formula E, the cars are painfully ugly and I wonder why they have to be designed to be so ugly? Is it that they need that aero package? Doubtful. Why the treaded tired? I me an they have world class drivers in cars that are just hard to look at for too long. The new car is the absolute worst of them all! I know that’s just my opinion, but one that is shared my many.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Re: Formula E cars

Post by indycals »

I love the FE cars - much better looking than the F1 cars.

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

It's not racing for me
It's stupid entertainment.
My personal opinion
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

GF-F1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ligier
France

Post by GF-F1 »

Hello,

I like the futuristic shape, it has to be different of any other thing anyway and so much better than the actual lorries of F1, even for the entertainment… ok to my opinion the Indy is still the best of all the racing car type entertainment.

Cheers

Franck
www.gf-models.eu

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

:lol: That’s one good thing about this group. We have common taste zones and also “intersection zero “ areas. :lol: Yes FE cars are nice smooth objects but I don’t like them too much as I can’t see a true Formula there. I see them as Sport protos with visible front suspension.
This year F1 look great to me. A good blend between traditional and “modern “ concept

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

If they ever did go to FE most people would just stay at home and watch on TV. No reason to go to tracks anymore as they sound horrible.

That said, ICE via hybrid will be around alot longer than the governments would like to admit. Grid issues and Lithium shortages (ocean water has plenty HA HA) will drive it no matter what they say. 2035, sure it will happen :)

1slowhand
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by 1slowhand »

For me the sound of FE cars is the greatest turn off. They remind me of the slot cars I raced in my youth. The courses they race are too much like slot car tracks (walls every where). To each their own but FE is just not for me.

Topic author
SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Slot cars…sounds about right! Pun intended. I don’t follow that closely but do they race on actual race circuits?

I agree that hybrids will be around for a very long time. It’s also cobalt, nickel as well. They have to mine they crap out of all of that to replace all the cars on the road. It’s an impossible task given the current political climate. Maybe 15-20 years from now. That said, I love our ID4. We drove a Tesla and I honestly don’t see what all the fuss is. I found it annoying that I had to look to the right to even see how fast I was going. Also paid 10k less and getting a little sick of Mr Musks crap. It’s a little too culty for me.

I also agree that IndyCar is killing it right now. Long Beach is one of the best races you will ever attend.

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

Never paid any attention to them, due to the fact that when they first started, they had to use 2 cars to finish a race. Bad first impression, that's taking a long time to wear off. They weren't ready for prime time. I know they have made advancements in driving range since then, but there's still not enough relevance to make me want to watch. Had to go online to see what they look like these days, and I must admit that they look very good. But that's the only positive for me.

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

The gen2 cars looked good for me.
However, I have not been following Formula E as I still don't think the championship is really good.
By which I mean, they are using shortened tracks, use various gimics like fan boost (if that is still there) and used the mentioned car swapping which made some strange results.
I am not blind to the fact that electric is (part of) the future, but I don't think we are there yet.
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)