daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: David Sorensen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Agora models

Post by daves »

Has anyone had experience with 1/8th Agora Models. Specifically with the Shelby Cobra kit. They are now offering the full kit for purchase at a small savings over the subscription price. Before making my decision I am asking about the quality of the model and is it worth the hefty price. I love the car and big scale would be great. As an aside, I just subscribed to the XKE and the first box is impressive.

Dave

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Re: Agora models

Post by SeanMAIN »

Hi Dave. I am waiting for the 12th and final pack. I have built about 50-60% of it so far. I am doing some mods and was waiting for the body to arrive, which came a couple of weeks ago. I was really impressed with the quality of the paint on the body. You should go to YouTube and watch the World of Wayne. He does a full build and just completed the entire kit. It is worth the watch.

Topic author
daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
United States of America

Post by daves »

I have watched some of Waynes build. I am close to pulling the switch, but want to make sure it is worth the $1,400.

Dave

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Do you live in the US? I ask because we have so few options. Having bought all I can get from Model-Space, it’s all I have easy access to. At times, there have been understandable Covid supply related delays. Engine could and should be better. But a lot is also hidden, so kind of a wash. Chrome is great on the wheel, so-so on the exhaust. I’ve stripped and painted my exhaust flat white. The paint on the body and the casting is really nice. I like it a lot more than I expected.

All that said, if you live outside of the US, there are many others I’d buy first. So to answer your question, I’m happy. Oh yeah, it has those goofy sounds and lights. Lots of wires. Kinda irritating.

Topic author
daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
United States of America

Post by daves »

Thanks Sean, I live in Hawaii which is the 50th state. i wanted to buy the 1/8th F40, but they would not ship to the US. Good point on the exhaust to paint flat white. I think I will purchase the kit. Did you buy their display case?

Dave

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

I don’t think their display cases are for sale yet. I think it would depend on quality. How thick is the plexi, how heavy is the base, cost, etc. I can have one made here if I don’t like theirs. The benefits of living in a big city.

Topic author
daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
United States of America

Post by daves »

PM sent