1/12 scale bolts with safety wire

Ask away....

Topic author
Nigel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

1/12 scale bolts with safety wire

Post by Nigel »

The Alfa 8C has a few components attached with bolts with safety wire. I thought one of the companies making fasteners was bringing these out. Anyone else recall this? I have not been able to find this among the usual suspects.

leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: 1/12 scale bolts with safety wire

Post by leafs004 »

I had the same issue with the 1/8 version. I reached out to RBmotion and he was able to custom make some pieces for me. I haven’t finished the model yet because I needed to locate some spare hardware (it was a used kit with a few small pieces missing). The parts rbmotion are great. I’ll be sure to post pics of the final finished product, but if you’re in need, it wouldn’t hurt to reach out to Robert.
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

It's not all that difficult to drill your own with a pin vise, if you already have the hardware. I've done it frequently. If you don't have the patients for that, then I can recommend RBmothion as well. He has done some custom work for me over the years. Not cheap but they he is one of the best!

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

There was a built of that car (blue/white) on Facebook recently and he made some using 3D printing. Actually a pretty easy task if you know 3D and have a printer :) ...and yes it looked amazing with that drilled safety wire.

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details