Anyone seen this before... with the microscope?

Ask away....

Topic author
martinpesce
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Anyone seen this before... with the microscope?

Post by martinpesce »

Hi all,

Lat week I picked up this very tiny kit via an online platform. It is a 1/87 scale version of the McLaren MP4/5, with body and parts (seemingly) cast in resin and looking pretty accurate (note the "dent" halfway down the sided that is so typical for the MP4/5). Comes with a neat little decal set (even ciggies included!) and instructions. I have yet to break the seal of the tiny box, when I get to roll out the microscope and attempt to build it :roll: .

Just curious if anyone has experience with this kind of kit? I did some searching but only found a few pictures and a catalogue of kits produced in this micro scale. Apart from this company, BS design, there is also a French manufacturer that did some white metal/PE kits ( :shock: ) in this scale, e.g. a Ligier and a Sauber.

Thanks in advance for the comments and tips!
Attachments
IMG_9219.JPG
IMG_9220.JPG
IMG_9218.JPG

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Anyone seen this before... with the microscope?

Post by jaykay »

Back in the olden days ( 30+ years ago ) I used to build 1:87 scale cars and trucks ( instead of the train set they were meant to go on :-) I had one or two kits from BSdesign. The one I tried to build was a Ferrari Daytona Spyder but the quality of the parts was horrible and I never finished it. What i can see in your pictures looks about as crude. Today I could probably pull the build of to acceptable standards but then, no.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

Interesting kit...at least it's different :)

Another interesting observation, it looks like 1/64 is going strong in Japan. I saw a lot of great builts on facebook lately.

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Great!!! Smallest I had seen was 1/64 Minichamps. Really nice. It'd be perfect with PE suspensions, right?
I'd love to see better view (go finding the macro lens, mate! :wink: ) better images of parts, as wheels or suspensions.
Yes body looks spot on with THAT midships undercut
BR
James

Hein
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Leyton House, Ferrari, Simtek
Austria

Post by Hein »

Last weekend i spend some time at a friends place. This friend is very into 1/87 rail modeling, and i build two of his kits (he develops models for a dutch company in 1/87 scale).
I always try to convince him to get the company into a line of 1:87 (classic) F1 cars. I would love to see a F1 car from Artitec becouse their models are very refined and detailed., PE etc..., well who knows one day they will...
Attachments
20210423_182517.jpg
20210419_074409_copy_673x504.jpg
20210419_074502_copy_704x527.jpg

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

I like the tractor. Found these race cars in 1/72: https://minairons.eu/en/1-72-scale-raci ... 20761.html

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

The smalest model i ever build was a 1:87 gokart from a small german modeling company back in the middle 90`s, small enough to fit on a finger.
Take a stand!

Topic author
martinpesce
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by martinpesce »

Great, thanks for the responses, I feel there is no (modelling) topic that this forum would fail to respond to...

Yes some parts will be a bit rough, but careful sanding should make it allright. Will post more pictures when I come to open the box and start it, first a kit twice the size to finish (changing perspective to 1/87 certainly makes the already hard-to-see 1/43 kits a lot better to handle...!)