Ask away....

GF-F1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ligier
France

Re: Formula E cars

Post by GF-F1 »

JamesB wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:43 am :lol: That’s one good thing about this group. We have common taste zones and also “intersection zero “ areas. :lol: Yes FE cars are nice smooth objects but I don’t like them too much as I can’t see a true Formula there. I see them as Sport protos with visible front suspension.
This year F1 look great to me. A good blend between traditional and “modern “ concept
:D and to be abble to discuss normally when there is “intersection zero “ , this is another good aspect of this forum.

I think the FIA had to create this category, they are testing whatever because they have still this oportunity and possibility.

it is very interresting to know what we are thinking about those cars.

Cheers

Franck
www.gf-models.eu

Topic author
SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Ok, I saw the new car in action at the Festival of Speed. I can look past the lack of noise. I don’t mind street circuits. They some if the best drivers in the world, hands down and the travel the world. But damn, that is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. I’ll admit it, I don’t watch it mainly because they are unpleasant to look at. Perhaps the next gen can look less like ****.

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

In my point of view, talking about design:

- the first generation of FE cars was very ugly, too much "high nose F1 lookalikes";

- the current second generation is very interesting, I like it, something unique between a formula car and a sportscar, and with the advantage that the fenders hide the narrow tyres;

- next year's third generation is incredible ugly. It's like a paper plane, or if someone found and hired the russian designer who did the car in the picture. But those things will race above the 300 km/h mark.

Talking about the racing, it is going better and better, and just the fact that they managed to make exciting races with lots of overtaking in Monaco is something to be admired.

I think that the third generation car should be a human driven version of the car of the extinct RoboRace project. That would be the futuristic touch that FE needs to gather more interest in the series.
Attachments
fe_rusk.jpg

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

These look like the grandchildren of a Brabham BT46-Jordan 191 marriage. That's not a bad thing at all. Still, the series is still not quite ready for prime time yet, IMHO.