F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Marcel
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Germany

Forum image size

Post by Marcel »

Hello,
as known pictures are not allowed to be bigger than 250kb in this Forum. Pictures direct from the camera are allways a lot bigger. So I wan't to know which (freeware) software you use to convert multiple pictures in one time to a definated target size in a reasonable/representative dimension. I don't like to resize and cut every image by hand until I have the allowed size. (That's the reason why I do not publish pictures). So I hope there must be an easy way for this silly work.
Can someone help me.

Marcel

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: Forum image size

Post by daveyman »

I just use paint to do mine but as you say it is something that stops me posting as often as I could. Would be ace if we could upload direct from our phones.

MarcoSaupe
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: HHF
Germany

Re: Forum image size

Post by MarcoSaupe »

XnView is a freeware image viewer, that also has a batch conversion tool (e.g. you select all pictures you want to convert, choose jpg compression factor, select size to resize image to, any image filters you'd like and done). There is also a converter tool that you can run from the command line.

Though I have to disagree calling it silly work - spending a few minutes to carefully select which images you want to show to others, choose those that are sharp and show the right details, maybe crop them so the model fills the image etc... will be appreciated by the interested viewer.