whats important.

For folks going to the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas

Topic author
87bmwm6
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

whats important.

Post by 87bmwm6 »

An interesting perspective, but when attending a F1 race what is the number one thing to accomplish first. Some thought from others before I let you know what I think is the top of the list. Jack

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Re: whats important.

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

well, if you're sitting in general admission, then get a good seat first!

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

Get there on the open pit day.
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Look at all the different areas of the track if you can on the first day and figure out the best place to watch from. I also do all my souvenir shopping on the first day too.

Topic author
87bmwm6
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by 87bmwm6 »

bathrooms! finding where the good bathrooms are. At cota they are by the amphitheater. regular plumbing and never busy. I refuse to go anywhere near the plastic outhouses. nasty things. Strange what some people think are important. Jack....

F1RacerFan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by F1RacerFan »

In my opinion- you should try to sit on a corner- the slowest one on the track- if possible. So that you get to see the cars- see them brake- and see and hear them accelerate. We made the mistake of sitting on a fast part of the track at Indianapolis one year and it was boring. A good view of a jumbotron is essential as well. GA makes for a very hard and long day. Pay the money and get a seat.
Just my .02

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

For most race goers I suspect the order of importance goes something like this. Beer stand, Bathroom, Seat. The seat is the least important because most of their time is spent between the first two and when they do experience the third they are so jacked up they don't remember anyway. How did I come to this conclusion?? I've spent over 20 years in motorsports going to all different types of events and this is what I have "watched" first hand. For the record I do not drink!!!! :D :D :D

I agree though, Pay the money for a proper seat. GA is only good for the above outlined scenario for reasons already discussed. :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

well, i think it differs from race to race. GA in montreal is bad but GA in belgium was fantastic.

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

well, i think it differs from race to race. GA in montreal is bad but GA in belgium was fantastic.

bathrooms were better in montreal though :D

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

I went to Silverstone and Donnington Park between '90 and '99 for F1, WSPC, DTM and BTCC. I never once had a seat. General Admission all the way for me. Loved having a walk all the way around the circuits, the idea of being restricted to just one view for an entire meeting never appealed to me.
I did always like to start the day at the GP opposite the pit lane so I guess that was my priority.
Stopped attending the GP at Silverstone after going to the GP at Melbourne and discovering that ticket prices for the race and qualifying were less money than for qualifying alone in the UK. At that point I threw my lot in with the Goodwood FoS. Get my motorsports fix there now.