Austin GP

For folks going to the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas

Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Re: Austin GP

Post by Bigasshammm »

Fuel*Buzzed wrote:I just purchased my Austin GP Tickets.

I bought in the turn 12 Grandstand. Section T-12-8 Row 25, seats 6-9. :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

How much were they may I ask? I just saw the twitter message that general admission tickets were 159$ for all 3 days. I won't be going to Austin but am highly looking forward to the NYC/NJ race next year. My wife absolutely loves NYC so it was no problem at all to convince her. Not sure what we'll do about a room yet or anything. She'll want to stay in Times Square, I'll want to sleep in my car and not pay 500 a night. I keep briefing her on how much I "expect" the tickets to cost but having never been to anything like this I have no idea. I figure they'll be comparable to Austin but probably a little more expensive due to the location.

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

My tickets were $524.00 each.....for all 3 days. I went first class this time because it will be my first Grand Prix ever. If I go back next year I will probably sit on the hills, and walk around.
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells

M.Chriss
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Michael
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by M.Chriss »

I went for the turn 12 tickets also. My experience going to the race at Indy was that on Friday and Saturday was that you could go anywhere, which was great, and the grand stand seat was really for the race on Sunday. This will give me a chance to decide which way to go on tickets in the future. This should be great, Austin is a pretty cool place. I wonder what the support races will be.

Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

Fuel*Buzzed wrote:My tickets were $524.00 each.....for all 3 days. I went first class this time because it will be my first Grand Prix ever. If I go back next year I will probably sit on the hills, and walk around.

Ok thank you. Are those the most expensive grandstand tickets?
I keep telling her it'll probably be in the neighborhood of 5-6 hundred for the race next year so that shes not totally blown away when it happens. I'm hopeful we can use our tax return to fund the whole trip minus souvenirs and her NYC shopping.

Can you just get a grandstand ticket for the race or does it have to be all 3 days? I'm thinking it wouldn't be too bad to roam during practices and support races but during the race I want a nice location.

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

It is a 3-day package only right now. Yes these are the most expensive Non-PSL tickets you can get.

Russell Wells

ubik801
Midfield
Midfield

Post by ubik801 »

hey kids

do you know if the grandstand tickets restrict you to your grandstand area only or can you access the general admission areas as well? by that, i mean if i want to take pictures from the ga burms can i get there without being jacked up by security. turn 12 seems to be the place to be but i really want to be able to walk around as well. i've got a couple of days to make up my mind.

also, i wonder want kind of volunteers they need and what the duty day is like. every venue needs an extra nurse.

see you guys at the race.

don
the other guy at macsmodeling
don sprague
ubik801

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

Hey guys

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I figured I would ask just in case since Austin will be my first ever F1 race to attend.

Is the starting grid open to regular joe's on race day, or is the grid walk reserved for the "Elite's"?

Russell Wells

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Fuel*Buzzed wrote:Hey guys

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I figured I would ask just in case since Austin will be my first ever F1 race to attend.

Is the starting grid open to regular joe's on race day, or is the grid walk reserved for the "Elite's"?

Having been to Indy quite a few times I can say that the closest you will get to the cars is when they are on the track and you are standing at the fence. The best you can hope for is that they have a open pit during set up on Thursday.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Texasjohn
Spectator
Spectator

Post by Texasjohn »

Turn 11 row 23 is where I'll be with my sons.

John

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

remember long beach in the 70S & early 80s. Talk to the drivers on friday. almost touch the cars on shore line