Tamiya 1/12 1973 Yardley McLaren, Peter Revson

A special Forum for the McLaren M23 series of F1 race cars.

adamg1987
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: Tamiya 1/12 1973 Yardley McLaren, Peter Revson

Post by adamg1987 »

Did you make any more progress on this ?

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

adamg1987 wrote:Did you make any more progress on this ?
No, I have it put back right now, a forum member sent me a replacement engine and I have been busy w/other projects.........however, this will be returned to @ some point. Thanks for your interest.
Rick :D
I feel the need, the need for speed.........

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

Oh, did you notice who my avatar is.............!

adamg1987
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by adamg1987 »

Yes I did,I've been following all the m23 builds as I currently have one in progress should get a wip up soon.will keep my eye out for updates ;)

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

adamg1987 wrote:Yes I did,I've been following all the m23 builds as I currently have one in progress should get a wip up soon.will keep my eye out for updates ;)
Great, many have been started and few have been finished, that includes me, I have a ball of fire start that peters out fast. I have become one of those who gets side tracked easy over the details.........oh how I wish for the days of busting into a box, smearing glue, paint bomb and set for hours looking @ the creation.......... :lol:
I will be watching for your build. By the way, what version/driver are you going to build.........think I know the answer.
If Peter Revson is it, check w/Mac @ Mac's Modeling..........he has some really cool items thru AZRM.
Rick 8)

PS: Don't tell anybody, I messed w/this over the weekend :shock: Protar 312T4 1/12th scale.................. :roll:
Attachments
Main Block Assembled w/nuts and bolts
Main Block Assembled w/nuts and bolts
Drilling out Trumpet Plate 2.0mm
Drilling out Trumpet Plate 2.0mm
Studio 27 In-Take Trumpets
Studio 27 In-Take Trumpets
RB Motion Spark Plug Boot
RB Motion Spark Plug Boot

adamg1987
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by adamg1987 »

Yeah im building the 73 yardley - Revson decals from indycals. This is one of my first builds since I was about 12 so a nice clean build is more important to me im going try not to get too hung up on details.

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chris Amon
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

F1FANRH wrote:PS: Don't tell anybody, I messed w/this over the weekend :shock: Protar 312T4 1/12th scale.................. :roll:
... and I know I saw a Protar Reggie V6 engine block/tranny part sitting in the background of a shot recently... you're going to be busier than a one armed paper hanger. :wink:

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

Busted.............!
Waiting for the correct color blue for the wonderful sections of the block that get painted that color.........and no Tamiya Clear Blue does not cut it for me.
To tell the truth, Pontiac Engine Blue, a tad of Navy, I might have it........still playing w/plastic spoons.........you know that blue is almost like the Clear Blue coating used in Japanese WW11 AC........? :shock:

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

adamg1987 wrote:Yeah im building the 73 yardley - Revson decals from indycals. This is one of my first builds since I was about 12 so a nice clean build is more important to me im going try not to get too hung up on details.
Well after reading today about all the M23's and purchasing the EJAN Trans-Kit, I went to the stash and pulled out Peter's ride..........went back thru to acquire where I had got to and is now on the work bench. One of the things that caused me to stop working was waiting for the Pure Brilliant White, Zero Paints to come back into stock w/SpotModels...........when it did, I ordered 2 bottles of the paint, both are 60ml bottles. Now can someone suggest the correct orange for the orange area of the radiator pods. I will not be using Zero Paint for this, so what will work over Zero Paint Brilliant White?
After reading your take on building OOB w/minor mods....ie: decals, I though why not give it go and just build the kit as is w/o all the extras, I already have the IndyCal's decals for this project........so again into the breach w/the M23 of Peter Revson. By the way, did you notice the build by MrBrown he posted here, his turned out well and he signed the name: Peter Revson by hand...... :shock:
Rick 8)

adamg1987
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by adamg1987 »

No I didnt where Is it? I am going to dig out my camera tonight and start a wip from where I currently am, I used tamiya TS-56 (brilliant orange) for the side pods you can check my wip after to see the colour. I can moider you for some building tips and get it finished :)