Tamiya 1/12 1973 Yardley McLaren, Peter Revson

A special Forum for the McLaren M23 series of F1 race cars.

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Re: Tamiya 1/12 1973 Yardley McLaren, Peter Revson

Post by F1FANRH »

CBartholomew4677 wrote:Great work on the Macca, I really like your attention to detail. Those E-Jan (MFH) intake trumpets look great. I have a few sets in the after-market parts stash, but have yet to use them.
F1FANRH wrote:You can never have too many McLarens being built @ the same time.
I would love to see the M19 kitted......... :o One can hope!
Rick 8)
MFH makes a 1/20 kit of the M19 in three versions. It's a very nice kit.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks for the kind words.........I read pretty much every post here on the Forum to gleen as much techniques as I can. I know I am not going the last nut and bolt in detail.......but I do like to add interest to whatever I am building. The (MFH Intake Trumpet Set) is one of those items that can be used to bring a engine to life. I have a couple more to include the set that you can get from RB Motion f/Lotus 49, they are more straight than flaired. To tell the truth, I have purchased a pretty good amount of after market parts, but I use some here on this one and some there on another one. I have really got a group of after market parts f/a Lotus 49B........when that one gets built, pretty much alot of the parts in the kit will have been replaced.......my fav. racer from a time gone by.
Had wanted to paint some on the M23, but the weather here in the South has not been favorable and I might get some in during the week.......until, have a great day my friend.
Rick 8)

PS: Will be eyeing that MFH kit........I am starting to acquire more and more of the 1/20th scale kits since there seems to be a bigger varity of kits in this scale.
I feel the need, the need for speed.........

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

Well, did not get to spray booth this weekend/holiday.......but did get to enjoy the Monaco and Indy all in the same day.
Off today, will fire up the barbie in abit...........this kicks off summer here in the USA as well as honor those who have Served their Country.......Gary Owen.
Have not got awhole lot done, have and still am working all the bugs out of the racers shell.....got to remember, this was a kit designed in 1974.
But it is coming along well, some paint coming and I bet by this coming weekend, there will be some color added.......wait white plastic - white paint, at least there is the orange in the cooler tunnels on ea. side.
Off course, I have paint coming for the cockpit as well.
Am pleased with the outline, compaires well with the drawings and I just might get some primer on this puppy today? :mrgreen:
Rick
Attachments
Body Work 005.JPG
Body Work 006.JPG

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

I have been building another project while I wait to get the Zero Paint, will order this weekend I hope.

ewestra
Midfield
Midfield

Post by ewestra »

Now you made me curious, that other project is it car's or something completely different?

Nice progress and for the oxygenbottle I decided to spray it very light grey.

Eric

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

ewestra wrote:Now you made me curious, that other project is it car's or something completely different?

Nice progress and for the oxygenbottle I decided to spray it very light grey.

Eric
Engine f/Brabham BT-44B :D

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

Just a quick up-date...........paint has been shipped from SpotModels.com
I am knee deep in another project @ this time, but when I am finished w/it, this shall resume.
Rick

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

Up-date...........still waiting for Zero paint........have a sick feeling.......customs!
I also have decided to re-do this project from the subject I have started and switch to the following w/a few mods/parts from Mac's Modeling.......Another Air-box, correct roll bar, DFV Inlet set, and alum rear cross member. Also ordered another set of decals for this re-do.........E. Fittipaldi 1974. I know, my ADD is acting up.
Rick

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

Well as always, Mac came thru again for me..........I pretty much believe I will order from him from now on, saves a great deal on postage, he will ship as soon as he has the order ready and you are not waiting 2 weeks w/project on hold! :twisted: Wait.....not this project, but another is @ a dead stop now for going on 3 weeks! Not again.
He called me and checked to insure everything I needed was correct for the time frame of the mod.
He had everything w/o needing to wait for backorder and shipped it all this afternoon, I had not even paid for it yet.........this is what service is about.
Thank you Mac's Modeling. :D One Happy Customer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rick

ewestra
Midfield
Midfield

Post by ewestra »

Hey Rick, nice change. I did a change to but not so dramatic. I changed from the Japan GP to the Dutch. I will soon update my WIP. Goodluck with your changed build :D

Eric

Topic author
F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

ewestra wrote:Hey Rick, nice change. I did a change to but not so dramatic. I changed from the Japan GP to the Dutch. I will soon update my WIP. Goodluck with your changed build :D

Eric
Howdy Eric, as always great to hear from you. To be honest I also purchased another M23 too........it will be this one that I build the new 74 Fittipaldi racer. The 1st one as started, will be completed as the Revson ride.
I will start another thread when I do the EF car.
Rick 8)