Lotus 79-1. Hasegawa 1/20 (was Need cockpit advise)

A special Forum just for the new Lotus 79 (and 78) kits.

Topic author
Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Lotus 79-1. Hasegawa 1/20 (was Need cockpit advise)

Post by Orso »

I feel unsure on what to do now. Tamiya and Hasegawa has different set-ups of the cockpit.
79console.JPG
Hasegawa has a side console in front of the seat while Tamiya doesn't. Just in front of the seat Tamiya has a rounded plate with two holes while Hasegawa has a flat plate without holes. Both are right. Tamiya depict the 1978 version and Hasegawa the 1979 version and the way the cars look now. As I'm building cars from Canada 1978 I probably should remove the consoles but I'm not sure if I should bother to do this or just let it be. On the other hand I can't tell when these consoles was added. On pictures from Germany they are absent and I would guess that the cars remained the same for the rest of the season but what about 79-4. It was built late 1978 and got a different bulkhead in front of the driver. Could it also have got the side consoles as well?
I have to make a note to add these consoles when I build the Martini cars.
Last edited by Orso on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Re: Lotus 79-1. Hasegawa 1/20 (was Need cockpit advise)

Post by Orso »

79-1_02.JPG
Well as I have to rebuild the front scuttle for the 79-1 and I know that I will be irritated if I let it pass I started to remove the offending consoles.