No more Bike?

For rumors about F1 scale models...

Topic author
jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

No more Bike?

Post by jmpsebring »

That heavy detailed 1/9th bike model is gone... :( Hope they just ran out of room

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Re: No more Bike?

Post by AJP01 »

The page link is there but it has been blank regarding photos for a while. However, scroll all the way down and note the other 1/9(?) kit in development.

Cheers,
AJ

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

Looks like they have postponed the 1/9 project. But if you try to check the release list for July you will understand why. It is the biggest list I have ever seen. Even thought most of it is based on "something-we-already-have". So they save time on design - but they must be producing day and night. Wonder if the new battle ship will also be ready on time.
Br
Allan
Br
Allan

Cratecruncher
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Cratecruncher »

I don't think MFH has ever done any prewar subjects, or a bike in 1/9th. The wait is absolutely killing me but my guess is that development on the Brough Superior kit may take a while (like the first of anything) due to so many unknowns like research sources, chassis strength, attachment techniques, spoke wheel design. I think the 917LH and '64 GTO took a little longer than the 956 and '62 GTO? Assuming this first one is well received, each subsequent offer in the 1/9th category should get a shorter gestation. I hope the production experience of those GTO spoked wheels will help them see clever ways to kit rare subjects that scare away other manufacturers. Think of all the prewar racing subjects that could be done in large scale from Auto Union, Mercedes, Maserati. How about a 1/12th Alfa Bimotore? No? A Bugatti T59? (Beautiful wheels on that one!) I'm hoping for another bike too like a 1/9th HRD Rapide A Model. Just dreaming.

In the meantime I'm glad they are reissuing some of the smaller scale kits that have been out of stock. I've been wanting to grab an Alfa 159 for some time. They could probably move a few Sharknose 156 kits too if they decide to do another run in 1/20th.

Topic author
jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

Brough Superior ...that's what it was. Until the photo was put up, I had never heard of it. A high quality model will be awesome.!

F1Xena
Top Designer
Top Designer
Your Name: Tania
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jordan
New Zealand

Post by F1Xena »

Cratecruncher wrote: They could probably move a few Sharknose 156 kits too if they decide to do another run in 1/20th.
You must be clairvoyant as that's exactly what they are going to do! Saw the nose section parts in a big box yesterday out the back in the design room at MFH. Kyoko confirmed it will be the 120 degree V version.
I could be seriously tempted by one of those!
The four building blocks of the Universe are fire, water, styrene and white-metal.

fangio
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: David
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
New Zealand

Post by fangio »

F1Xena wrote:
Cratecruncher wrote: They could probably move a few Sharknose 156 kits too if they decide to do another run in 1/20th.
You must be clairvoyant as that's exactly what they are going to do! Saw the nose section parts in a big box yesterday out the back in the design room at MFH. Kyoko confirmed it will be the 120 degree V version.
I could be seriously tempted by one of those!
Wow.... Does this mean they have renewed their 1/20th Ferrari license, or are they just going to sneak a few units out quietly ?

Cratecruncher
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Cratecruncher »

The Brough is Back! I just happened to glance at the MFH website and noticed they have more rendered images up on the Brough Superior's landing page:

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/ ... more-16575

I've already preordered my own K485 from Macs Modeling and hope to do a build thread here. The wait until November is going to be grueling.

Edit: Mac just confirmed my order and said he's getting one too!

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

jmpsebring wrote:Brough Superior ...that's what it was. Until the photo was put up, I had never heard of it. A high quality model will be awesome.!
Not just any Brough Superior either. The license plate makes it the 1932 SS100 that Lawrence of Arabia was riding the day he died.

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

fangio wrote:
Wow.... Does this mean they have renewed their 1/20th Ferrari license, or are they just going to sneak a few units out quietly ?
Shhh! Let's not ask about Ferrari licenses too loudly now, just in case.