1/12 new Sportscar by MFH

For rumors about F1 scale models...

Preludevenom
Top Designer
Top Designer

Re: 1/12 new Sportscar by MFH

Post by Preludevenom »

Lala, if what you say it's true so what's the historical purpose? And at the end i where right about it... it's not a P4 but a P3 made in P4 and replica..... no no no no again... sorry but this is not good for Ferrari fans or true historic collectors....

Pascal
F2
F2

Post by Pascal »

No need to apologise Mike, we're all human and I fancy a good discussion.

@ lala40I : 0846 is not a P3 nor a P4, it's a P3/4. Some modifications were done by Ferrari before the Le Mans accident. Calling it a replica is a little exaggerated if you ask me.

Maybe somebody can find out on what car MFH have based their model ?

Pascal
F2
F2

Post by Pascal »

I don't have any info or date about this picture, but it's different from the P4's that we see today :

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

lala40l wrote:That specific car is currently owned by James Glickhausen . Originally it was the 330 p3 with registration 0846 as raced in Sebring in 1966 and later crashed in Le Mans if I am not mistaken. He converted it with approval from Mr. Enzo Ferrari himself to a p4. So actually if mfh use this car as reference it's a "replica "

This car was approved by Classiche, the Ferrari money making restoration machine. Money talks. The original #0846 was converted to a P4 by SEFAC in late 1966.

JMCARC1
F2
F2

Post by JMCARC1 »

I don't is this history is "complete", but I found this:

http://www.barchetta.cc/english/all.fer ... .330p3.htm

João

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

I found this pdf on the P3/P4.
http://p45c.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/project.pdf
I don't think the kit is the P3/P4.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

The P3/4 is called a 412P and has a P3 motor and gearbox along with P4 style bodywork. #0846 was a P3 converted to a P4 with chassis changes, a new 36 valve motor and P4 gearbox along with P4 bodywork. #0846 had several noses even during it's 1966 P3 career. The restored car has very little to do with the original #0846 and now wears another P4's bodywork(tail section).

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

Two things...I'm not sure Glickhausen is loved by Ferrari. They would not even let the P5 on the Breakers property at Cavalino Ferrari meet a couple years ago. 8) Porsche and other race teams are no different. Record keeping was not that important. Cars are crashed, rebuilt, serial numbers changed to make customs and paperwork easier.

Not sure I've ever seen a P4 model capture the feel of the real car. But I do know this is a 1/12th MFH P4 and it's likely to be the finest full detail model of this car that I will ever see. The mini-delta is also very nice and maybe cost more. So what ever they settle for ...at their price point is the choice we have. Willing to bet, this will sell out in time. :wink:

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

*Glickenhaus.

The P4/5 was done with Ferrari's approval, but they fell out over the P4/5C, and now he's pretty much dead to them. Ferrari get downright nasty when they decide they don't like you - just ask Chris Harris.

As for the P3s (or whatever)... sounds like the Mini Delta kit is cheaper from those who have bought it, though I haven't seen a price listed, yet.

Regarding the real cars... I'm not super-knowledgeable about the P cars, but is there any chance they were like the 250 GTOs? More or less hand-made, with noticeable shape differences from chassis to chassis?
Je ne regrette rien.

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

Dale King bought one of these and did a wonderful job..like he always does. I did forget that the exchange rate is far different now.