For rumors about F1 scale models...

Topic author
Preludevenom
Top Designer
Top Designer

Hiro Ferrari 1/43 ????

Post by Preludevenom »

Hello everyone,

Am just asking myself why Hiro take time to issue 1/43 Ferrari and why there is no Ferrari kits for sale on the 1/43 Barchetta website.... Is there problems with licence here too??

If someone knows ;)

BR

MIke

SeaBee
Top Designer
Top Designer

Re: Hiro Ferrari 1/43 ????

Post by SeaBee »

Mike, I'm not the ultimate expert there... but AFAIK (checked their website last week) their next batch of kits slated after the current planned release (is it the 98T?) should be the entire 126C4 range (C4, C4M and C4M2). And looking at their announcements, there's a truckload of small red cars coming!

Unless I misunderstood your question - in which case sorry. I will hide behind excuse that it's not my first language! ;)

jag
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by jag »

I have the 1967 312 USGP version and it's a gem. Can't wait for the others to be released.
The enthusiastic, to those who are not, are always something of a trial. ~Alban Goodier

glr190959
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Giovanni
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari Gilles Villeneuve
Italy

Post by glr190959 »

Hi Jag,
but , in their website, the 1967 Ferrari 312 is "on sale soon".
How do you have it ?
Ciao,
Giovanni

Topic author
Preludevenom
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by Preludevenom »

That's exactly what i was thinking.... i see some 1/43 Ferrari's selling on ebay but nothing on the Hiro website or barchetta store.... no sign of any 1/43 Ferrari..... is there any licence problems?

jag
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by jag »

glr190959 wrote:Hi Jag,
but , in their website, the 1967 Ferrari 312 is "on sale soon".
How do you have it ?
Ciao,
Giovanni
I pre-ordered mine from GRAND PRIX MODELS 5 months ago.
I wouldn't put much faith in what the HIRO website says......
The enthusiastic, to those who are not, are always something of a trial. ~Alban Goodier

F1Xena
Top Designer
Top Designer
Your Name: Tania
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jordan
New Zealand

Post by F1Xena »

I bought the Ferrari 312F1 from MFH/Barchetta directly on Thursday. I asked about the other Ferraris, and when we would see them (the Chris Amon cars are the ones that interest me) but the answer was vague. Yes, they have a Ferrari Licence, but they also require "approval", and it seems that kits will only be approved if they don't compete with Tameo. In other words, Italian car company protecting Italian model company. For MFH, I would imagine going ahead without "approval" could jeopardise the "Licence" which was very difficult and expensive to obtain.
The Ferrari 67 kit is listed here: http://www.aruyo-club.net/new-mfh43.html, which is some sort of club associated with Barchetta (linked off their site). An email to Kyoko Hiro at cus@modelfactoryhiro.com. will confirm availability, and I think you can buy from them via mail order.
For those unaware, Barchetta is the shop attached to MFH...same building, same family. The shop is run by one Hiro brother and his wife, the "Factory" (MFH) by the other brother and his wife.
Cheers
Tania
The four building blocks of the Universe are fire, water, styrene and white-metal.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Well the Japanese do have a real bad habit of copying and doing the same cars. They also like to take all market share and block direct competition from their home market via several methods(just ask the car makers, TV makers, cell phone makers, film makers ect), , so what comes around goes around I guess.

F1Xena
Top Designer
Top Designer
Your Name: Tania
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jordan
New Zealand

Post by F1Xena »

A bit harsh perhaps Tom? :lol:

Actually, I think MFH are the ones who have been on the wrong side of the "duplication" battle more than a few times....it seemed every kit they made for a while was duplicated by Fujimi in plastic. Thinking FW16, McLaren F1, BT46B and so many others. I think they were first cab off the rank with the Lotus 79 too.

This Way Up are noticing duplication of their kits by die cast makers too...down to identical race versions, and their topics are generally pretty obscure. Think Spark are one of the main culprits.

Yes, still at Air NZ...it's as close as the airline industry comes to a "job for life". Its been my 3rd "start again from the bottom" job so I won't be moving elsewhere now I'm on the escalator! (Still a seniority based promotion system, and a legacy carrier so it doesn't get much better)

Cheers

Tania
The four building blocks of the Universe are fire, water, styrene and white-metal.