Model Factory Hiro 1/12 Poll (wich 1/12 next? )

For rumors about F1 scale models...

Which kit Model Factory Hiro has to do in 1/12 next?

Williams FW11
9%
Ferrari 330 P4
20%
Williams FW16
13%
Porsche 956/962
19%
Renault RE30b
7%
Ferrari 250 TR (57/58/59/60)
3%
Ferrari F187
3%
Ford GT40
7%
Ferrari 512 (BBLM/ S / M)
7%
Ferrari 333 SP
5%
Porsche 917/30
7%

Total votes: 118

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Re: Model Factory Hiro 1/12 Poll (wich 1/12 next? )

Post by sky1911 »

I've voted for the P4 since I'm addicted to the 1967 season. Slightly biased there having been part of the GPL mod team to release the GT67 mod and having had the honour to do the various P4 skins. That aside I would love a full detail version of that car knowing that there are already 1 or 2 offerings of the same car but as curbsides (ABC and P.Conte I think). The GT40 - depending on which version - would also be up my street. Be it as the MKI, the MKIIb, the MKIV or the Mirage M1 (all ran in '67), but since there is also a decent kit (I have yet to obtain) by Trumpeter...
But my not so secret love is the '71 sportscar season - 917K, 917LH Martini, 917/20, 512M, 512S (maybe a coda lunga?), so the 2nd vote went for the 512 - I wouldn't want the 512 BBLM though, interesting, but not enough so.
The 917/30 is an incredible car, interesting from a technological point of view, but it would be a one of a kind thing as nothing came close to it and I'd rather show the car with its brethren of the day around, so pass on that. On second thought... maybe make the entire 917 line...

The other cars don't do it for me. So Senna drove this or that car, meh (sacrilege, I know). I'll stick with the JPS liveried Lotus and maybe one of the Macs we already have.
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
Preludevenom
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by Preludevenom »

May i reply kindly to you and let you know how it think ;)

This is your opinion and i really respect everyone choices, there are people that really dont care about F1 cars because they do planes, or rally cars and so on :)

I would spend for a MP4/4 + 5 + 7 + 8 (i already have the Tamiya one) in 1/12 and yes i would like to have a FW16 and spend money on it, because Ayrton Senna was all my youngness, i remember the races, i remember the day he crashed, it's an amazing pilot, he made in a way history of F1 as Michel have done and Lauda and Jack Brabham and Franck Williams etc etc , without those people you will not have great engine and great detail on a car.
And please dont tell me that the 956/962 dont have a great engine, detailed cockpit, turned wheels and so on and same for the F187, just watch pictures of the real car, same for FW11.. and the 512 BBLM! you see all the engine trough the glass and the back of the car, and not only, you see al the frame and the 4! rear suspensions systhem without opening de bonnet.... so what else?

I dont understand why people spend 300 dollar on a builded model.... what's the fun? where is the challenge?

One last thing, you ask where the intresting car on the list? :

FW11: 2nd place world championship car and Nelson piquet World Champion!
330 P4: one of the most iconic car ever made
Ford GT40: same as the 330 P4
250 TR: same as the GT40 and P4
Porsche 917/30: outrageous beast !! the unlimited car power and sickness in all his beauty!
Porsche 956/962: One of the best race car ever made! massive wins, le mans victories, even in the 90's against more recent cars this car has made some victories.
333sp: you know that this car is the base of the F50?? made 56 wins and 69 poles!!
Renault re30: one of the most beautiful F1 and made some victories on F1GP's
Ferrari F187: 2 victories and have you seen this car without the body???
512BBLM: in 1981 class victory at le mans.
FW16: Senna tragic last car (and changed the F1 for ever since then so yes this car made history)

BR
Mike

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

jmpsebring wrote:how do you delete multiple post? sorry...
Duplicates removed.

You have a strong opinion. But it is only one of many. We all have different preferences and criteria.
If you don't understand points of view of others, does not mean their points of view are not valid.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Mike,

let's just put it this way, it's an opinion. I am a Senna fan. I was at the track the week after he died and was in Monaco when Frentzen had his major crash there that almost took him out of commission. So yes, I love him, but not necessarily all the cars he drove. The Williams does nothing for me -technology marvel or not, it's livery is meh to me (opinion, obviously). Just because it was the car he basically died in (not technically correct) does not make it any more interesting to me. Also just because a car was a championship winning car does not make it interesting to me either. The 917/30 proves that point. I am a huge 917 nut (have the Naehle bible on the 917 and the MFH917LH) and I surely would like to have any version of the 917 - but if I have the option of another car that I find more visually pleasing, I will take that over the /30. Also what about a 917/10k? As an aside - we have all the 917 versions, including the 917/30 in GPL (Grand Prix Legends) already, and that /30 is an animal to drive, but incredibly fun as well - when the power kicks in I can't help but smile. This from someone with a large turbo diesel engined car.

A 956 /962 would be nice, I agree, it's an impressive car, but again, if I have other options, I would chose another, more appealing car. However, Bellof's Nurburgring qualifying record car would be nice, but overall I'd pick other cars (actually did). At the time I was still looking forward to Christian's 956/962 until I read it was cancelled.

F187 - interesting, yes, but I'd rather have a 643 because I think that's the more beautiful offering, plus it would go nicely with the Rosso 643 1/8 sitting on my shelf here (needs an overhaul, as does the 1/8 F40 after seeing the threads about reworking either of them around here).

333SP, again a nice car, but not so special in the looks department. Could be any modern radical style car (sacrilege, I know) - and that is completely disregarding it's racing history. Basis of the F50.. yea so? I agree on the F50 with Jeremy Clarkson - it's one hideous car, nothing super special, yes incredible sound (remember being overtaken twice by one of them in the hills over St. Tropez ages ago, that roar :shock:) and all but as far as shapes go I'd definitely pass on it. I'd rather they do a proper F40 or LaFerrari (which is a stunning car, was on the Ferrari stand at Geneva '13, so got a first hand glimps of it with their sales guy showing it off) in 1/12. The Enzo, again a technological marvel, but as an object... meh. A Zonda excites me more than that - not that I would want one of those in 1/12 either, 1/1 maybe ;)

At least we agree on the P4 and the GT40 - and actually on the TR, but since we could only vote for 2... The P4 is near the top of my bucket list of cars I want (along with the 250 GT SWB competizione) and it does go well with my Tamiya T70 (with Wim's Aston DP218 engine and body to be bought yet) and the GT40 (of Trumpeter) and Tamiya's 910 (both to be bought). The 512S/M does go nicely with the 917 whereas the TR doesn't go with anything so far. If it was the TR59, I would want the DBR1 to go with it (or rather the other way around, because Aston Martin!) and maybe an RSK 718.

Anyway, getting back to the Senna thing. On my current shopping list are the following kits: MFH K439 (Lotus 98T), MFH K429 (McLaren MP4/4), MFH K346 (Lotus 97T), but also MFH K436 (Ferrari 126C2) - and that's another car I don't need all versions of, one would suffice. And on the topic of engines. I intend to recast the engines (of several of the models I already have) in metal to have them as standalone display engines next to the cars :) - I've just received the metal, the plastilin and the high-temp silicone today to maybe try my hand at it some time soon. Plus I want to recast / rebuild suspension bits in metal for the Tamiya kits (ambitious project, I am aware of that ;)).

/edited for obvious spelling issues ;)
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
Preludevenom
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by Preludevenom »

Nice talk F3 ;) and intresting point of view :D this is nice to see that every people at the end think is own way, we could at least make 10 different Poll with different cars and there will not be enough. ;)

Mee too i buy only one version of each car, am really not intrested to have 2 different version of the same car ;)

about the cars i made the poll with cars il like most to see in 1/12 that are 330P4 , 956/962, FW16, and 250TR. and some others that could be intresting to see big scale and never made before (in a decent way). I've seen and read many posts and put the cars on what people asked the most. Maybe Hiro San will read and take all opinions here, not only from the poll Itself....
For example a Toleman TG184 would be great, but even a BT52B would be incredible in 1/12! a 365 GT4BB LM too, or a BT46B, even a tyrell 006 or a Matra ... why not a 412T2 superdetailed ? I really hope that they make a 126 CK and 126 C3 and C4 too, they already have engine and some parts so it's really possible that they will appear soon and list can go on and on :D the most important is that everyone have fun here ;)
And it's like in real life, you cant have everything you want because there are so many cars... and why not a 1/8 MFH !!!! hhhhhhhhhh :D ok am dreaming now :P

I want to be honest, at the beggining i've put an F40 in the list, but since it has ben made in many different scales and versions and manufacturers i've passed this (but it dont mean that i dont want to see one made by MFH) i'd love to find a 1/8 Pocher one with the Autograph superdetail kit.... too bad it's gone .... and this time i dont think Autograph will made it again ....

BR
Mike

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

Again sorry for the duplicate post. I had to dash off to work and should have deleted the whole thing! Of course all list are ok. You want only pink cars..that's cool too. But if you could only have ONE pink car it doesn't get easier. Pink Pig? Lark Mclaren longtail...? 962? Then it's back to the breakdown flowchart. Best shape, best paint, best wheels,etc. Most of us are old guys with strong passions and have been here for years. Every time we have a pole I'm amazed how little we seem to be in step.
So if I blow off most of a list, then I'm only blowing off some of the list. 98% of the cars never made it to the list. :lol:
I'm just trying to sell the concept that above all... a $600+ model needs to be one bad-ass model. What MFH does best, is give us high quality multi media parts to play with. My 007 Tyrrell will have a Matra engine for sure. Why? Because I can invent my own car with awesome parts. After all, it's only a 007 Tyrrell 8)
My real number 1 would be the Mobil Railton Special. Why? Because I saw photos minus the top body work and it's a beast with canted twin airplane engines and it's almost steampunk in it's design. It so over the top it would be amazing in large scale. If someone said your choice of this or __________________, I would grab that giant teardrop shape LSR car and run!
Next would be a modern sidcar racer like what runs at the Isle of Mann. Pure eye candy under that bodywork and it's never been done.
Next the Foose designed Boydster. Hard to believe that in 50 years of models, there is not a single hi quality custom rod model in any scale. I think there would be a market even if not by this group.
I would like a Lola Mk1 made like the Tamiya Caterham style. Pretty shape and all of the internal aluminum sheet metal is really nice. Plus it was a car that anyone could call their own so any paint scheme would do. All the detail is visible .
The Shadow Mk1 is again outrageous with it's big block FI chevy overflowing in it's go-cart like chassis.
The list could go on forever. Chaparral 2E,2H As one can see, there isn't a world champ or winning car in the group. Just interesting cars with lots of detail.
So as I look at the list of cars from this driver or only winners, I often get bored even if I love most of them.
As far as buying a built model? I have 100++ :shock: models waiting to be built. The CMC birdcage and some of their Auto unions are the best models of those cars ever made for the public. I have enjoyed owning them as I build my kits. I love models whether I build them or just look at them in person or even here, admiring the models built by all of you.
How about a 1/12th 900 cu inch PROMOD?? :wink:

Cratecruncher
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Cratecruncher »

I agree a 1/12th model should be a really special subject with a beautiful color pallet, opening everything, lots of metallic surfaces, and great horological detail that pulls you in to explore every millimeter. The P4 does that for me. So does the Maserati birdcage. Nobody ever mentions prewar but I've always admired the Bugatti T35. It's been done in larger scales but very expensively and not as a kit to my knowledge.

Topic author
Preludevenom
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by Preludevenom »

Now that you mention it, some Can-am cars could be very nice too in 1/12 ..... yep i have forgotten this Shadow MKI .... too bad i would put her on the list :( ok so let's hope one day ;)

Oh yeah ;) i think am the youngest here :P :P so maybe that's why i like some different type of cars :lol: ;) but i would like to see a F1 from the 60's era too, a BRM or Eagle or Brabham (or all :P) and a DBR1 can be amazing too....

I always puzled myself about the fact that we have never seen ANY mercedes F1 or LM from the oldest era from the well known manufacturers ...... really strange because am shure that a Mercedes 300 SLR could be a bestseller too .... pfffff the poll had to be more choices ;)

And no one is talking about Alfa Romeo but a 33 stradale in 1/12 would sell for shure too :)

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

This poll is actually a bit funny in a Formula 1 modelling forum. 11 subjects to choose from and only four of them are F1 objects. Maybe it is just my strange humour.
I don't build in this scale so I wont destroy the poll by voting.

Topic author
Preludevenom
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by Preludevenom »

Orso: So why i've seen some Motorbikes build in the completed project section? why people talking about some can am cars here? and why a 330 p4 and a 250 GTO thread on the news and of course thousands of porsche 917 posts? Maybe the fun it's that on a F1 modelling forum somethimes it's possible to talk about other cars too ;)