Who,s going to make the f1 cars for the 2014 season

For rumors about F1 scale models...

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Who,s going to make the f1 cars for the 2014 season

Post by eyckles »

No one. I hope no one releases a 2014 model. After hearing the sound. So horrible. Just vacuum cleaners.
Best regards,
Lesley

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

biercemountain wrote:... I was interesting in the Red Bull until I saw the price (close to $100 at my local hobby shop). ...
What!?! That much in the States!?! The RB6 is selling for about US$55 at hobby shops here in Japan -- and I thought that was expensive..!
F1Xena wrote:I'd buy a 2014 Williams kit... Ticks enough boxes for me...
Me too. I'd welcome a Williams. I'll buy this rumored Tamiya F14T if they make it. But I've already got a meter high stack of Fujimi Ferraris to build.

Chris

Nigel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Nigel »

I had an bolt of inspiration seeing Sam Posey's Spa historical piece: a dual kit 2014 Mercedes F1 and 1955 Mercedes W196. Hope someone smarter than me at a model company has already approached Mercedes.....

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

biercemountain wrote:I was interesting in the Red Bull until I saw the price (close to $100 at my local hobby shop).
Moral to that story is stop looking at your local hobby shop for kits at a good price. There are plenty of ways to get the kits at good prices here in the US. I only use the local hobby shops for supplies.

It is a well known fact the Tamiya basically shoots both feet off every time they release a new kit here in the US. Not only does any new release become available in Japan months before it is available anywhere else. Inevitably it is cheaper in Japan as well. Tamiya took over their own distribution in the US years ago because they where unhappy with the company who was doing it for them. Even doing it themselves has not produced good results. To give an example: I bought the 1/12th Enzo (Kit) when it was released in Japan from HLJ for around $350.00 plus shipping and received it in the post about a week later. It was another 11-12 weeks before the kit was released in the US. When the kit was released in the US it topped out at some where around $500.00. So if you want to be a faithful trader with you local hobby shop you are going to wait almost 3 months after something is released in Japan to find it here in the US and you will inevitably pay more for it. What I don't understand is why Tamiya does not wait to release in Japan and release world wide on the same day like the movie or music industry does. Since they are controlling there own distribution this would seam to be a no brainer. Instead they continue to do what they have done for years and then complain that sales in the US are not that good. Hello!!!! everyone bought the kit three months earlier for less out of the mother land. Some companies just are not forward thinking!!!

Done with my rant, Thanks!!

:D :D :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

smbrm1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: BRM, Lotus, Ferrari
Canada

Post by smbrm1 »

Actually not everything Tamiya releases is released first in Japan. I have purchased one or two kits in a hobby store in Canada before they were available to be purchased from Japan. Sometimes I think it is just supply chain issues that can determine which distributors receive their shipment first and how efficiently they can be at distributing their product.

I have also seen local retailers that try to make the price on the shelf similar to a foreign internet price plus shipping, plus a bit extra for convenience factor. That can make an HS purchase much more attractive.

Does anyone remember the days when you actually went the HS just to find out what was new! Experiencing the existence of "new" releases live for the first time, and being able buy and walk out the store with your new kit, is a bit of a lost experience!

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Icon_Modeler wrote:
biercemountain wrote:I was interesting in the Red Bull until I saw the price (close to $100 at my local hobby shop).
Moral to that story is stop looking at your local hobby shop for kits at a good price. There are plenty of ways to get the kits at good prices here in the US. I only use the local hobby shops for supplies.

It is a well known fact the Tamiya basically shoots both feet off every time they release a new kit here in the US. Not only does any new release become available in Japan months before it is available anywhere else. Inevitably it is cheaper in Japan as well. Tamiya took over their own distribution in the US years ago because they where unhappy with the company who was doing it for them. Even doing it themselves has not produced good results. To give an example: I bought the 1/12th Enzo (Kit) when it was released in Japan from HLJ for around $350.00 plus shipping and received it in the post about a week later. It was another 11-12 weeks before the kit was released in the US. When the kit was released in the US it topped out at some where around $500.00. So if you want to be a faithful trader with you local hobby shop you are going to wait almost 3 months after something is released in Japan to find it here in the US and you will inevitably pay more for it. What I don't understand is why Tamiya does not wait to release in Japan and release world wide on the same day like the movie or music industry does. Since they are controlling there own distribution this would seam to be a no brainer. Instead they continue to do what they have done for years and then complain that sales in the US are not that good. Hello!!!! everyone bought the kit three months earlier for less out of the mother land. Some companies just are not forward thinking!!!

I haven't brought a Tamiya kit local in the last 10+ years. Too expensive. Always from HLJ.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Icon_Modeler wrote:

I haven't brought a Tamiya kit local in the last 10+ years. Too expensive. Always from HLJ.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Icon_Modeler wrote:

Agree with you. I haven't brought a Tamiya kit local in the last 10+ years. Too expensive. Always from HLJ.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

smbrm1 wrote:Actually not everything Tamiya releases is released first in Japan. I have purchased one or two kits in a hobby store in Canada before they were available to be purchased from Japan. Sometimes I think it is just supply chain issues that can determine which distributors receive their shipment first and how efficiently they can be at distributing their product.

I have also seen local retailers that try to make the price on the shelf similar to a foreign internet price plus shipping, plus a bit extra for convenience factor. That can make an HS purchase much more attractive.

Does anyone remember the days when you actually went the HS just to find out what was new! Experiencing the existence of "new" releases live for the first time, and being able buy and walk out the store with your new kit, is a bit of a lost experience!
I think it is important to qualify this statement by adding how many years ago this took place. Since I have returned to the hobby, about 10 years ago, my experience has been as I describe above. Ebbro is the only Japanese company I have heard of in recent years that has first released a model in another country other then Japan before releasing the same kit in it's own Japanese market.

Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Tyrone
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Tyrone
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: James Hunt
Great Britain

Post by Tyrone »

Are any of these 2014 models still available for purchase in the UK or have I missed the boat?

Thanks guys!