steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Re: Hiroboy stopped delievering to EU

Post by steinietrabi »

gp-models wrote: Also it means for me, the pakage is no more delievered to my home, i have to move to the custom office to pay for it and pick it up, that`s realy bad cause it means i have to take half day holiday to do so, super boring!
Do you really have to go to the customs office and pick up the goods yourself? I get the goods delivered by post / DHL - but with the disadvantage that I always have to pay 6 € in addition to the customs fees - a kind of reimbursement for the acceptance / display of the customs fees before I have paid them to the post / DHL! :roll:
Greetings Thomas

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

gp-models wrote:I think the discussion about the headline is a bit pea counting, seen much worser descriptions here and no one reacted.
I think my reaction is being a bit overread. I'm trying to clarify why someone would misread the comment when the title says something the post doesn't, thats all. Just trying to help so next time when they post they are understood better. I've also commented on a fair number of posts where people have titles such as "Help!" or "In big trouble" and other essentially useless titles when they're asking for specific help on a model or area.

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

gp-models wrote:I hope they figure the deal out soon, as far as i heard the problem is about fishing licence, yeah realy fishing! :roll:
EU fishers should be no more allowed to fish close to britain but the EU wants this, what a f#cking crazy world!!
I will not discuss politics.
But I think there's more to it than 'just fishing'. :D
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

steinietrabi wrote:
gp-models wrote: Also it means for me, the pakage is no more delievered to my home, i have to move to the custom office to pay for it and pick it up, that`s realy bad cause it means i have to take half day holiday to do so, super boring!
Do you really have to go to the customs office and pick up the goods yourself? I get the goods delivered by post / DHL - but with the disadvantage that I always have to pay 6 € in addition to the customs fees - a kind of reimbursement for the acceptance / display of the customs fees before I have paid them to the post / DHL! :roll:
Yes i have to go to the custom office to pick it up, happens everytime i order from RB motion for example, i even have to show them a receipt of my paypal payment, no matter if Robert declares the price on the pakage badge, realy odd but i heard too that like you some city`s don`t do so and you have to pay when the packaged is delievered to your home, but like you with extra fee for it. Not sure in how it depends, maybe while we have a custom office in our city, but not sure about that.
stubeck wrote:
gp-models wrote:I think the discussion about the headline is a bit pea counting, seen much worser descriptions here and no one reacted.
I think my reaction is being a bit overread. I'm trying to clarify why someone would misread the comment when the title says something the post doesn't, thats all. Just trying to help so next time when they post they are understood better. I've also commented on a fair number of posts where people have titles such as "Help!" or "In big trouble" and other essentially useless titles when they're asking for specific help on a model or area.
Thank`s for explaining Stu, missunderstood it a bit. Maybe someone of you moderators can change the headline that way to make it more clear, tome it is ok as it was like an alarm bell and i acted imidiately, think this was the intention from him also. ;)
racingkars wrote:
gp-models wrote:I hope they figure the deal out soon, as far as i heard the problem is about fishing licence, yeah realy fishing! :roll:
EU fishers should be no more allowed to fish close to britain but the EU wants this, what a f#cking crazy world!!
I think there's more to it than 'just fishing'. :D
But i will not argue about it....
Yes surely there is more to be fixed then this, i only pointed to the fishing rules cause it is a bit odd in comparsion on how this never ending story is infecting buisness for such a small company like Steve`s shop. I think he is like many more small buisness owners not happy aboout it and how long it can take till this issue is fixed.
Take a stand!

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

That Brexit was going to be a farce from the start. I don't know why they bothered with it. The biggest market for English caught fish is mainland Europe. Rule of business, don't fall out with your customers, or they won't be your customers for long. Means I'll probably have to pay customs and import duties too when I order from Spotmodel and other places to the UK, very silly.
Steve Noble

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I also think that it infects your way, pointing out right to it Steve, realy odd for us modelers as we do not make the big deals but have to carry the consequences :|
Take a stand!

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Inuyasha wrote:
steinietrabi wrote:Yesterday I ordered from Germany and today I received the dispatch notification.
So deliveries are still taking place! ;)

Edit: I just saw it only affects orders from December 18th to future, so order quickly if you need something!!
Thank you for information about that, have not seen that, will give up my order quickly.
stubeck wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Please read carefull what i have written!!

.....till the brexit is finalized. !

No one knows how long it will take, that`s what i`m pointing to! ;)

https://www.hiroboy.com/home.html
The issue is you wrote a subject line saying "hiroboy stopped deliverying to EU" and then had a post with a different statement. Having it say "Hiroboy temporarily stopping delivery to EU" would have made your point more clear.

The bigger issue seems to be that some people only read the headline and interpret the rest themselves, if I had written that he is ending deliveries to the EU, then that would certainly be somewhat misleading and wrong, no doubt about that. However, the execution is different and one should simply read it and not just focus on the headline, which is why I have also provided the link to the homepage where interested people can inform themselves about the current status of deliveries to the EU.

Sorry for giving information about that and that my native language is not english! :roll:
I did read it. They are not ending there deliveries to Europe. Hiroboy is just taking the proper precautions to avoid any issues later. That’s all. They will eventually start doing deliveries to Europe again once they know what to do. It can take months, but it will be fine in the end. Nothing to worry about.
Best regards,
Lesley

309GTI16
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: Erik Bosch
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Red Bull Racing & Max Verstappen!
Netherlands

Post by 309GTI16 »

I hope they’ll resume deliveries to EU countries soon, seeing that Hannants has...

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Well, I have been in contact and have (just) ordered from another small business in the UK. They will be pretty much done for if they cannot (or will not) continue to make business on the continent. However, things are probably going to become a little tougher again. According to info I have from a customs official 'round here, come July 16th, the max value for tax exempt goods will be lowered from 22€ (currently) to then 0€. So the habit of marking down values, often to very small fractions, probably won't fly anymore. Sometimes this has been done involuntarily by the shops or sellers. I remember the 1/12 330 P4 being pulled out its box - with an indicated 30$ value. On opening the relatively large and heavy box and seeing the bright red box inside with the prancing horse on it, I think it was crystal clear to everyone there then, that this is by no means worth just 30$ ;).
In any case this new EU tax regulation is meant to stimulate people to buy their goods from businesses within the EU, which is just as well, especially with the influx of cheap goods (or copies of goods) from China, etc.

Re: having to pickup stuff at the local customs office. I have not had to pick anything up since COVID started, but have been cited to that office on several occasions prior to that. Nowadays, DHL usually takes care of that. However, when they do, they charge you for their time (so take that into consideration), plus at times they - together with the customs official - may set the wrong (or a less ideal) tarrif. So good luck trying to argue with them and getting your surcharge as well as the excessive tax reimbursed.
Cheers,
Roman

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

SteveNoble wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:11 am That Brexit was going to be a farce from the start. I don't know why they bothered with it. The biggest market for English caught fish is mainland Europe. Rule of business, don't fall out with your customers, or they won't be your customers for long. Means I'll probably have to pay customs and import duties too when I order from Spotmodel and other places to the UK, very silly.
It's almost as if voting has consequences.