GB 09 MP4/2c OR JS11

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2009 Group Build.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GB 09 MP4/2c OR JS11

Post by jaykay »

Good job!

The JS11 starts to grow on me the more i see it. Really unique shape!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

jaykay wrote:Good job!

The JS11 starts to grow on me the more i see it. Really unique shape!
Don't hesitate! one of the coolest designs/liveries ever!!! :)

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Ah, the great thing about digital photography is you can touch things up, huh? The decals are in fact the Tamiya kit decals. I was unaware that Indy made any-maybe next time. If you were to look at the kit in person you would see a "graying" through the decals. As I had an extra set, I had intended to double the white bits up, but getting the the one between the nose and body on was such a chore once, that I really didn't feel like trying it again. And as it happened, when I screwed the pinstripes up and had to re do them, they wouldn't have matched.
The one thing I can say about the Tamiya decals is they have a LOT excess film. Trying to trim the excess film on the pinstripes really gave my eyes quite the work out! Maybe Indy's don't have as much excess to them which would make things MUCH easier. I'd be interested to know myself. Also, I had originally wanted to do Jacky Ickx's 25 car, maybe the Indys have his markings? I need to check that out myself!
Oh! One thing that did happen; the one decal for the right side coming up the top of the sidepod went on really spotty! I put some Micro Sol on it and it crinkled up rather dramaticly. I'm not sure why that one did that and not the others.