2009 group build: 1962 BRM P57 'stackpipe'...

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2009 Group Build.

jaymtford
Midfield
Midfield

Re: 2009 group build: 1962 BRM P57 'stackpipe'...

Post by jaymtford »

Sweet job on the instrument panel. Looking good :D

Jason

late_apecks
Formula e
Formula e

Re: 2009 group build: 1962 BRM P57 'stackpipe'...

Post by late_apecks »

I failed to mention that my BRM P57 kit is also in a different scale. It's a 1/24. The body has needed a lot of clean-up work, which is just about complete. I've also punched a couple more access holes in the left side, one for the transmission and the other apparently for the magneto.

I added an essential panel gap between the tops of the suspension openings. To "hold on" the panels, I got 400 styrene rivets - with shafts - from Tichy Train Group for only $5 plus shipping.

I'm still trying to suss out the airscoops. They'll be much bigger than yours, so I'm less inclined to freehand them. Unless I think of of better idea, I'll use my Dremel tool to make up a pair of steel plates with matching openings the shape of both scoops placed opening to opening. I'll sandwich an aluminum sheet between them and use a burnishing tool to form the shallow bubble that's needed. Then I'll cut the bubble in half and - hopefully - have two plausible scoops.

I bought paint today at Finishmasters. It's 2008 Subaru Evergreen, a medium bluish grey-green metallic.

I may run out of steam at some point, but right now I'm enjoying building a more-or-less detailed model from a very basic old kit.

Ddms
Late Apecks