2009 GB - WIP: Fujimi 1/20 248F1 Brazilian GP Massa

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2009 Group Build.

miko3572
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Germany

Re: 2009 GB - WIP: Fujimi 1/20 248F1 Brazilian GP Massa

Post by miko3572 »

It well seems the wheels are put on on a provisional way, I understand ;-)
That is what i thought too, but all (3) other tyres are mounted the correct way so the wheels are not mixxed up (change left with right), but the right tyre is mounted the wrong way on the rim. So the problem is not solved with just changing left and right wheel.

Mike

Topic author
lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

That is a mock up and wheels were actually borrowed from F2007 kit, I'm also building. Thanks a lot for pointing it out.
When wheels return to F2007 model I will need to remount that tire. I obviously missed proper orientation.
miko3572 wrote:
That is what i thought too, but all (3) other tyres are mounted the correct way so the wheels are not mixxed up (change left with right), but the right tyre is mounted the wrong way on the rim. So the problem is not solved with just changing left and right wheel.

Mike

Topic author
lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Canada

Post by lezdep »

More work done on the model and it's getting ever closer to be finished. Unfortunately I misjudged visible vs
invisible sides of radiator pipes and when I put PE hose clamps on, dirtier side ended up visible. So, no close up
pictures would be posted deliberately. While engine bay of this model is screwed, I will use knowledge gained
from my mistakes for finishing F2007 build better.

I've used paint to simulate couplings for hoses and pipes, and then put on PE hose clamps. The way kit is designed
assumes radiator piping would be attached at later steps. However that leaves big seams at points where pipes join
radiators. I think it would be better to cut pipes at locations similar to where real pipes join on 1:1 car, drill holes and
insert small pins to connect parts later, and have pars, which connect to radiators glued and puttied in before painting.

My impatience probably main reason for errors and issues. And I keep wondering how others make their models so
clean. More patience and determination, I guess.

While doing this work I've again reconfirmed my feeling that I'm not enjoying detailing work at present and not ready
yet for detailed builds. That steers me off of detailed Lotus 79 build and I've decided to do OOB Lotus 79 1979 Martini
model instead.

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Wow this looks absolutly amazing. That's the way i want to do mine wit open engine and no nose, so you can see THE brake cillinders.

Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Good Job :). How come, the Engine looks a bit boxy. Well thats Fujimi's fault.

Topic author
lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Canada

Post by lezdep »

I've finished wheels of 248F1 and put MFH replacement tires on. I like MFH tires much more that tires from the kit itself. And as a bonus I don't have to worry about tire markings,
they are pre-printed. Model is not 100% finished yet, but I just could not resist and made few pictures. The is something in the looks of this car. I like it. Model is not as tight and
clear as F60, with number of big gaps between panels and bunch of glue marks. But from a distance it looks great to me.

Topic author
lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Canada

Post by lezdep »

After 2 year in making a finally call it completed. To be correct representation of Brazilian car, it still needs rear wheel covers, proper windshield and painted wheel nuts.
My be one day I will tackle those items. But for now I call is done and want to move on.

I'm thinking about entering it into I-CON contest. But honestly it has quite a few issues and I'm not sure it would pass acceptance criteria of this contest.
If you see any issue which would render it non admissible, please let me know.

If you want to see it close and "personal", here is link to album with original high resolution photos - https://picasaweb.google.com/lezdep/F248WIP

j.j.lehto92
Formula e
Formula e

Post by j.j.lehto92 »

That's a masterwork !!! Everything is good, the only thing I dislike is the driver :lol: .

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Wow Sergey,

Fantastic build. Great paint and decal job. Detail looks great. Keep up the good work.

Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley