For all F1 scale model news...

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Re: MFH for November

Post by F1tommy »

ronnie1972 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:21 am Matra 670B.
I’m sorry, everyone seems to be all warm & fuzzy about the 333SP, but I don’t get it? I remember the USRRC & ALMS days well, and the Dallara with a Ferrari engine just wasn’t all that awe inspiring. I was at Daytona, Sebring, Le Mans, and the Petit in ‘98, and we were all happy for Gianpiero Moretti and his gang winning the Rolex & Sebring, but I don’t remember anyone being all giddy at the sight or for that matter the sound of a 333SP like a true Ferrari sports prototype like a 512 or 312PB. It was just seen as a customer car to fill out the grids, no different than the Riley & Scott’s.
I was there also from 1995 Daytona on and they were nice looking cars with a very nice sound. They did put a small muffler on them wich was a mistake, so not pure F1 sound. 512M was also a customer car for all of 1971. They looked alot better than the R&S, although R&S did beat them a few times showing it was a very good car also. I would have liked a coupe but the 312PB was also an open car.

Matra 670, Chaparral 2, 2C, 2D, 2F, 2H, 2J any of them, XJR14, W196 aero, 275 GTB/C #6885 LM 1965, 512M, MKIV, Cobra Daytona, Jordan ect. Still alot of great cars to do.

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ronnie1972 »

I agree, putting the silencer on it was a big mistake, it could have sounded outrageous, instead it sounded like a sowing machine on steroids. The Mazda’s were still crazy sounding.
Following after the IMSA GTP days, the IMSA & USRRC WSC cars were painfully slow, and had the feel of a glorified club series.

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

ronnie1972 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:21 am Matra 670B.
I’m sorry, everyone seems to be all warm & fuzzy about the 333SP, but I don’t get it? I remember the USRRC & ALMS days well, and the Dallara with a Ferrari engine just wasn’t all that awe inspiring. I was at Daytona, Sebring, Le Mans, and the Petit in ‘98, and we were all happy for Gianpiero Moretti and his gang winning the Rolex & Sebring, but I don’t remember anyone being all giddy at the sight or for that matter the sound of a 333SP like a true Ferrari sports prototype like a 512 or 312PB. It was just seen as a customer car to fill out the grids, no different than the Riley & Scott’s.
1. There's always somebody who seems to have some need to express a negative opinion which always puzzles me - if you don't like it surely you should just move on without posting.
2. What car would be more evocative of that era in endurance racing bearing in mind that the Japanese market is paramount?
3. Hiro makes what he likes without apparently much concern about anybody else's opinions.

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ronnie1972 »

So what your saying is that no one should express a alternative opinion of a subject, that we should all hold hands and sing kumbaya.
My opinion is just that, mine. Thave been plenty of subjects that I have found interesting that others haven’t, everyone is different.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

ronnie1972 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:22 pm So what your saying is that no one should express a alternative opinion of a subject, that we should all hold hands and sing kumbaya.
My opinion is just that, mine. Thave been plenty of subjects that I have found interesting that others haven’t, everyone is different.
👍

The forum is a place to have a (polite) discussion. The whole point is we have different views / experiences / preferences.

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

ronnie1972 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:22 pm So what your saying is that no one should express a alternative opinion of a subject, that we should all hold hands and sing kumbaya.
No, that's emphatically not what I'm saying at all. The point is that this is a desirable model that many people have been asking for over a period of years and there's little or no point to a negative opinion expressed in a thread that's about THAT SPECIFIC MODEL.
In a thread about what should / should not get made - have at it!

Leftkeys
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Bill
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Ferrari
United States of America

Post by Leftkeys »

Let’s vote for some Chaparrals! They were awesome! In fact let’s do all of that era’s Can-Am cars. They’re simple but they were all awesome. Let’s go!

tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tifosi157 »

I'll patiently wait for the new 499P to sit beside the 333SP

ModelTime
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ModelTime »

How about a few IMSA NISSAN GTP ZX Turbos from '88-'92 and XJR-14's (IMSA AND WEC?) An IMSA 966 GTP?
"To finish first you must first finish" -Rick Mears

lep
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Stephane
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Canada

Post by lep »

+1 for me on Tifosi157’s comment. Can’t wait to see the 499P on track.