For all F1 scale model news...

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

Post by SBEST »

To the point of details. Wonder if Top Studio has some test shots of the Lotus 99T to do upgrade kits.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

tubegenius wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:03 am I was being somewhat facetious when I used the phrase "financial suicide", hence the quotation marks. I suppose if some kind of joint venture is the only way to get the job done, then so be it. I'm just not used to the notion that the "Big T" isn't the "omnipotent" entity that I worshipped ad a kid. Times change.
Gotcha, for me quotes means its a quote from someone. I think the big problem Tamiya has is that if it isn't a Ferrari, it doesn't seem to sell very well. The Williams FW24 and Red Bull RB6 for example never had great sales numbers.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

stubeck wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:07 am

Gotcha, for me quotes means its a quote from someone. I think the big problem Tamiya has is that if it isn't a Ferrari, it doesn't seem to sell very well. The Williams FW24 and Red Bull RB6 for example never had great sales numbers.
How do we know the sales figures?

SS

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Another Top Studio super set would be amazing, especially for this kit as it has a lot of them!
But as far as i know, TS has the Tamiya Ferrari in 1:12 on their list, lets see if this comes first cause i don`t believe they got a test shot from Nunu to do a detail set.
tubegenius wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:03 am I was being somewhat facetious when I used the phrase "financial suicide", hence the quotation marks. I suppose if some kind of joint venture is the only way to get the job done, then so be it. I'm just not used to the notion that the "Big T" isn't the "omnipotent" entity that I worshipped ad a kid. Times change.
I do not agree that only Ferrari`s from Tamiya are better for sale, the Mclaren`s from Senna sold like hell every time they came back, no matter if 1:12 or 1:20. The FW24 and RB6 had a low production number in comparsion to the Mclarens, a complete different story in the end but i agree that there was not a big market for these, they also released a small number of SF70 H, that´s why these ones are highly priced nowadays. Are they worth it? I don`t know, i would not pay up to 150 bucks for such kit.
Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

gp-models wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:57 am
I do not agree that only Ferrari`s from Tamiya are better for sale, the Mclaren`s from Senna sold like hell every time they came back, no matter if 1:12 or 1:20. The FW24 and RB6 had a low production number in comparsion to the Mclarens, a complete different story in the end but i agree that there was not a big market for these, they also released a small number of SF70 H, that´s why these ones are highly priced nowadays. Are they worth it? I don`t know, i would not pay up to 150 bucks for such kit.
I was referring to new kits that are being made new, not re-releases. We had a Ferrari kit (or kits) come out before both of those kits, and then little aftermarket support for either and a large gap after the kit was made. If they sold well, we would have seen an F2004 and RB9 I believe, and would have seen more WIP threads for either kit.

Regarding the SF70H, I'm not entirely sure what happened there, it was a $35-40 kit on Amazon before Tamiya let the Ferrari license lapse, and then once covid hit and the market exploded its a $200-300 kit all of a sudden.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Wonder if Tamiya made a Mercedes how would it sell?

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

With unprecedented interest in F1 in the USA now, maybe things will happen. Though I don't know how many of these new fans would be model customers.

Jose01jr
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Jose01jr »

Does anyone know if TS will make a super detail kit for the 1/12 scale Tamiya Ferrari 641 like they did for the McLaren MP4/6 or Williams FW14?

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I asked at TS for a detail set for the Ferrari a few years back and they told me that they will do one, not sure if they changed their mind, but i expect to see such set too.
Take a stand!

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

I haven't noticed it mentioned here, so .. according to their TMMI magazine, Tamiya will re-issue their "Tyrrell Trio" ... the 1/12 AND 1/20 '76 P34, and the 1/12 '71 003 with the Monaco blade nose.