For all F1 scale model news...

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

Post by BMW »

Oh boy, that is one is going to be popular!

The 1/12 guys get all the goodies now. :( I am not jealous at all... ;)
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Large plastic 4/4 would be VERY welcome indeed.

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

BMW wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:00 am Oh boy, that is one is going to be popular!

I felt the same way when I saw it this morning :lol: :lol:
Greetings Thomas

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

Wow .. with all the 3D Print etc, and now new 1/12 models coming out ,man what a great time be a modeller !
thanks for all the news boy's

Hugeprong
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Hugeprong »

It is great that Tamiya can keep re-releasing their kits from the 1980s and still find buyers who still want them!

As Tamiya re-issued the Tyrrell with a "hammerhead" Monaco nose to upgrade the original 1/12 kit a few years ago, when I first saw the photos of the 1/20 Tyrrell P34 I wondered if that was a similar idea (a 1/12 conversion of the original uncertain spec kit to an accurate Japan-spec car). As they have a P34 in their foyer in Shizuoka, they ought to be able to measure up components pretty accurately! However I see that the kit is 1/20.

Much as I would be delighted if Beemax released the 4/4, few who had bought the MFH kit would buy it - and indeed of course it is an old 1/20 Tamiya release. Likewise I imagine anyone who has built Tamiya's most recent reissues of the Renault and Tyrrell 1/12 kits in the last few years wouldn't want to build them again.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Tamiya released something new in 1/12 - with 4 wheels ideally! However I know that the economics don't stack up for them in the way that they seem to for other companies. Even that rather half-hearted Matra re-issue was a joint venture with Ebbro.

MFH seem to have ground to a halt recently with their modern releases (in my mind, "modern" means anything since 1980) and there is no sign of any more news on the Italeri/Protar MP4/2 release. There is also the rumoured Beemax 1/12 Lotus 99T due at some stage but as it has already been released by MFH in 1/12 and Tamiya in 1/20, I do wonder if some of the market for that subject has already been addressed.

Hiroboy are today advertising a Zero paint for the 2022 Ferrari - which is a lovely car. Maybe they think someone is going to release that car at some stage - but it seems optimistic as the real car has only raced 5 times!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

:D :shock: :D :shock:
steinietrabi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:43 am And something new I think...
BEEMAX new /next kit would be the McLaren MP4/4 in scale 1/12 :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSc7GySVkAUBIA_?format=jpg&name=large
Holly EFFFF!!!!! ONe, of course!! :wink: I think I´ll hardly resist the temptation!!! :lol:
Great news, and yes we can say now MARKET DOES MOVE!!! 8) 8) "vivito y coleando" as we say in Spain, I won´t translate, it´d lose all the charm!

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

Hugeprong wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:14 am Hiroboy are today advertising a Zero paint for the 2022 Ferrari - which is a lovely car. Maybe they think someone is going to release that car at some stage - but it seems optimistic as the real car has only raced 5 times!
Maybe I can use it for this... :wink:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRhB5GiWYAEr9--?format=jpg&name=large https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRhB8abXEAMCyOx?format=jpg&name=large
Greetings Thomas

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Hugeprong wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:14 am It is great that Tamiya can keep re-releasing their kits from the 1980s and still find buyers who still want them!

As Tamiya re-issued the Tyrrell with a "hammerhead" Monaco nose to upgrade the original 1/12 kit a few years ago, when I first saw the photos of the 1/20 Tyrrell P34 I wondered if that was a similar idea (a 1/12 conversion of the original uncertain spec kit to an accurate Japan-spec car). As they have a P34 in their foyer in Shizuoka, they ought to be able to measure up components pretty accurately! However I see that the kit is 1/20.

Agree, why can't Tamiya make a 1/12th version of the early 1977 car? Or, 72C/72E with the Lotus? There is options.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

steinietrabi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:49 am
BMW wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:00 am Oh boy, that is one is going to be popular!

I felt the same way when I saw it this morning :lol: :lol:
I definitely will buy 2. It's has been a highlight (aside from my kids) of my life to see Senna and Prost 1-2 twice in the MP4/4 at Canada and Detroit.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Hugeprong wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:14 am It is great that Tamiya can keep re-releasing their kits from the 1980s and still find buyers who still want them!

Much as I would be delighted if Beemax released the 4/4, few who had bought the MFH kit would buy it - and indeed of course it is an old 1/20 Tamiya release. Likewise I imagine anyone who has built Tamiya's most recent reissues of the Renault and Tyrrell 1/12 kits in the last few years wouldn't want to build them again.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Tamiya released something new in 1/12 - with 4 wheels ideally! However I know that the economics don't stack up for them in the way that they seem to for other companies. Even that rather half-hearted Matra re-issue was a joint venture with Ebbro.

MFH seem to have ground to a halt recently with their modern releases (in my mind, "modern" means anything since 1980) and there is no sign of any more news on the Italeri/Protar MP4/2 release. There is also the rumoured Beemax 1/12 Lotus 99T due at some stage but as it has already been released by MFH in 1/12 and Tamiya in 1/20, I do wonder if some of the market for that subject has already been addressed.

Hiroboy are today advertising a Zero paint for the 2022 Ferrari - which is a lovely car. Maybe they think someone is going to release that car at some stage - but it seems optimistic as the real car has only raced 5 times!
I think a lot depends on the sales of the re-releases of the 1/12 kits they're about to release. Too often we see them release something new (FW24/RB6) and then the response is "I wish it was a different car, I'm going to pass" and then there is surprise that they don't release something for five to ten years. If people want to see a totally new car in 1/12, I'd recommend buying the MP4/4 and 99T (which isn't a rumor) from Beemax and buying a re-release of one of the Tamiya 1/12 if they don't have it right now. Sales of new kits shortly after release is how we get new kits released.