PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

For all F1 scale model news...

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

Post by Icon_Modeler »

sky1911 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:06 pm If you have a look around the interwebs... there's a "forum" on reddit (that cesspool of ... well everything really) called "modelmakers" (with ~200k users) and in there it's like 85% military stuff, mostly tanks and planes with a few ships strewn in to fill the gaps. Then there's the scifi Star Wars stuff and occasionally you can see a car model being presented there. So if one is to assume that that is a representation of the percentages of modelers' interests then, I guess, the car modelers are a minority. So I would assume that something along those percentages could be a guide for the decision making in large companies as to potential new kits - unless you are catering for a special "niche" clientele, like MFH or WNW (used to) do.
Just check out the lineup of Italeri and Revell to see the spread of subjects across their portfolios. I'd reckon they will be somewhere near the above mentioned figures.
Bingo!!!

I'd say the Cesspool is pretty accurate. Like it or not Car modeling is a minority genre. I've been selling model kits from my personal collection for 5-6 years now. I sell a little bit of everything except Ships. I don't have too many of those and the ones I do I am keeping at this point. Anyhow the point I'm trying to make is that, when I go to a swap meet I sell armor, aircraft and cars/motorcycles in that order unless I happen to be selling at a car specific show and even then I bring my armor and aircraft because those always sell.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Model Cars, in my visits to Hobby Stores over the years took small shelf space. Military, ships, and planes took a majority of the space.

Yeah, I am selling too. Just focusing on 1/12th now.

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

I understand that car modelers are a minority in this hobby. Yet Tamiya has re-issued very recently the 934, 935, Renault, Brabham, and Matra in 1/12. Also, the Mazda 787B and Sauber Mercedes C-9 and others in 1/24. Was the Datsun 240Z rally car a sales dud when originally released? I find that difficult to believe. Iconic Japanese car both on and off road. Maybe the molds are unusable?

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

I would agree to those concluding car modelers are a minority, however from accounts i can discern the number one player as far as volume goes is Bandai. Reports I have heard says that their Gundam stuff outsells everything anyone else makes. If I had not heard this from credible sources I would have said the number one area was Military combining Armor and Aircraft. Certainly on a global scale Military seems to command the most attention. But somehow Bandai supposedly sells more models than anyone else by a lot.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

cbk57 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:29 pm I would agree to those concluding car modelers are a minority, however from accounts i can discern the number one player as far as volume goes is Bandai. Reports I have heard says that their Gundam stuff outsells everything anyone else makes. If I had not heard this from credible sources I would have said the number one area was Military combining Armor and Aircraft. Certainly on a global scale Military seems to command the most attention. But somehow Bandai supposedly sells more models than anyone else by a lot.
From my time in Japan a few years back, this tracks. There was a massive Gundam store in tokyo with a 50 foot tall Gundam outside, and lots of stores had small selections of them. Military models weren't easy to find but still had small selections places. Finding car models was more difficult than you'd think, but once you found the stores it was amazing. Still regret not getting the Mazda 787B kit as it was basically everywhere, and I didn't realize at the time it was only going to be a Japan only release.

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

The Ebbro Tyrrell 005 release has been pushed to July 30, 2023. Here, too, the question of whether he is really coming... :|
Greetings Thomas

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

Any news about the 1:12 Mclaren MP 4/2 re release??

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Inuyasha wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:22 pm Any news about the 1:12 Mclaren MP 4/2 re release??
Not yet. It will be here when it is released :)
https://www.italeri.com/en/category/8/61
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

atlantakat11
Formula e
Formula e

Post by atlantakat11 »

FWIW, HLJ has updated the release date of the 1/12 Lotus 99T from August 31st to "September 2022."

https://www.hlj.com/1-12-scale-lotus-99 ... beebx12001

atlantakat11
Formula e
Formula e

Post by atlantakat11 »

Likewise the Ebbro Tyrell 005:

https://www.hlj.com/1-20-scale-tyrrell- ... 3-ebr20023

And the clear-cowel Ebbro BT 18

https://www.hlj.com/1-20-scale-brabham- ... g-ebr20017

I will believe it when my credit card starts gets charged and I see goodies in my "Private Warehouse".