steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

Post by steinietrabi »

Grypham wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:01 am I haven't noticed it mentioned here, so .. according to their TMMI magazine, Tamiya will re-issue their "Tyrrell Trio" ... the 1/12 AND 1/20 '76 P34, and the 1/12 '71 003 with the Monaco blade nose.
Take a look at my posts from the 11th of May 2022 here in the thread ;)
Greetings Thomas

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

SBEST wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:43 am Wonder if Tamiya made a Mercedes how would it sell?
You mean the last year´s car? Badly I´d say, at least for their standards. Hype has deflated by now, no one remembers HAM-VER rivalry, at least at big scale. Mercedes is almost invisible now, so...
We nuts would buy it like mads, but their sales figures probably don´t grow enough with our rank and file only.
But please, TAMIYA, do it!!!! :D

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

steinietrabi wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:41 am
Grypham wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:01 am I haven't noticed it mentioned here, so .. according to their TMMI magazine, Tamiya will re-issue their "Tyrrell Trio" ... the 1/12 AND 1/20 '76 P34, and the 1/12 '71 003 with the Monaco blade nose.
Take a look at my posts from the 11th of May 2022 here in the thread ;)
Whoops! Don't know how I missed that. :oops: :lol:

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

Yawn. How about the 240Z Safari car.

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

tube ! too funny ,my thought exactly , what is wrong at Tamiya these day's ... military I am afraid !!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Maybe different interesteds between old and new CEO, sometimes easy to see.
Take a stand!

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

gp-models wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:22 am Maybe different interesteds between old and new CEO, sometimes easy to see.
If only that was true!!

The truth is that the "New" Mr. T as some people here called him passed, died, left the earth a year or so ago due to illness (Cancer) and the "Old" Mr. T is back in charge so the release philosophy probably has not changed...
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Icon_Modeler wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:30 pm
gp-models wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:22 am Maybe different interesteds between old and new CEO, sometimes easy to see.
If only that was true!!

The truth is that the "New" Mr. T as some people here called him passed, died, left the earth a year or so ago due to illness (Cancer) and the "Old" Mr. T is back in charge so the release philosophy probably has not changed...
And do you think that the course can be changed in such short period ? I`ve seen projects that needed 3 years of research and developement to come to life or better to the market, not to talk about licences as we have them nowadays!
There might be a lot of other reasons too when it comes to automotive models, military has been allways a great field for producers to play on, and succesfully.
I also don`t think that the old Mr. T has a lot of interest in those modern F1 cars and their drivers, same reason i quit watching the actuall F1.
The only hope i have is that we might see other re releases too of older kits, would be good enough to me.
Take a stand!

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

If you have a look around the interwebs... there's a "forum" on reddit (that cesspool of ... well everything really) called "modelmakers" (with ~200k users) and in there it's like 85% military stuff, mostly tanks and planes with a few ships strewn in to fill the gaps. Then there's the scifi Star Wars stuff and occasionally you can see a car model being presented there. So if one is to assume that that is a representation of the percentages of modelers' interests then, I guess, the car modelers are a minority. So I would assume that something along those percentages could be a guide for the decision making in large companies as to potential new kits - unless you are catering for a special "niche" clientele, like MFH or WNW (used to) do.
Just check out the lineup of Italeri and Revell to see the spread of subjects across their portfolios. I'd reckon they will be somewhere near the above mentioned figures.
Cheers,
Roman

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

I'm grateful for the recent releases, the 934 and 935 especially. It would seem to me that the 240Z rally car would have pretty wide appeal. I know the street version has been re-released at least once, but I don't think the rally car has. If it was, it was a very, very long time ago. Too expensive on ebay, and tire condition is risky.