PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

For all F1 scale model news...

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Looks very nice, but i found the first mistake, the missing part of the shifting linkage underneeth the exaust headers. Don`t know if it is included in the kit or a missing part, picture shows that it is missing.
Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

tubegenius wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:06 pm So how come Beemax can afford to come out with something like this, while it's "financial suicide" for Tamiya?
I don't think its financial suicide for Tamiya, but they didn't see the market for it. The re-releases they are doing I think is their gauge of the market.

Beemax kits are a lot simipler than Tamiya ones, which I think is a big part of it. Tamiya kits typically get more detailed as they go, so seeing a Lotus 98T for example today in 1/20th form would have a lot more parts than the 99T.

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

I was being somewhat facetious when I used the phrase "financial suicide", hence the quotation marks. I suppose if some kind of joint venture is the only way to get the job done, then so be it. I'm just not used to the notion that the "Big T" isn't the "omnipotent" entity that I worshipped ad a kid. Times change.

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Perhaps it is that Tamiya can see that while they may earn money on a 1/12 kit, they will earn more money on a different kit and therefore invest in that direction. Like another 1/35 armor kit.
However, small manufacturers are happy to find holes in the major companies lineup, and fill them with theirs.

Italeri must have been doing just fine with its new 1/12 lineup.

Either way: buy the kit and be happy some company is making 1/12 kits, or don't. Its kinda pointless to first ask for more 1/12 kits, and then be upset that they are made by company X instead of Y. :roll:
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

I remember reading something when the "new" Mr. T took over. He was more interested in planes while the old Mr. T was a car person. I don't know if that is true but I have a feeling that it is the way that Tamiya has developed.
But on the other hand I have also read that it is the RC products that is the big profit for them but I can't recall seeing any RC-planes so I don't know wat to think.

smbrm1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: BRM, Lotus, Ferrari
Canada

Post by smbrm1 »

gp-models wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:30 am Looks very nice, but i found the first mistake, the missing part of the shifting linkage underneeth the exaust headers. Don`t know if it is included in the kit or a missing part, picture shows that it is missing.
I think the electrical boxes and controls on the radiator shroud may be missing as well?

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Orso wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:45 pm I remember reading something when the "new" Mr. T took over. He was more interested in planes while the old Mr. T was a car person. I don't know if that is true but I have a feeling that it is the way that Tamiya has developed.
But on the other hand I have also read that it is the RC products that is the big profit for them but I can't recall seeing any RC-planes so I don't know wat to think.
No worries there. The "new" Mr. T died a few years ago and the "old" Mr. T has taken back control. And yes RC sales has always been better than kit sales since they started offering RC models years ago.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

The 99 is looking very nice. My order is in.

If its not going to be tamiya giving us plastic 1/12, nunu is so much better than, say, trumpeter.

This is the most excited i’ve been about a new kit in a long time.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

smbrm1 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:10 pm
gp-models wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:30 am Looks very nice, but i found the first mistake, the missing part of the shifting linkage underneeth the exaust headers. Don`t know if it is included in the kit or a missing part, picture shows that it is missing.
I think the electrical boxes and controls on the radiator shroud may be missing as well?
No, in the pictures they are hardly visible, but in the 3rd pic you see one side and in the video you see the other side too. But obviously there are several details missing, on some i only wonder as on the shifting linkage, the complete backpart is there and the part between camshaft covers and cockpit is missing. It also looks like the headers are too low, not possible to route a linkage underneeth, some other stuff can be scratch build. The upper wishbone of the rear suspension is also done wrong, or better the attaching point to the gearbox, might be done for production reasons, but it is wrong. Overall it is a good base, but needs some attention on the details.
Take a stand!