Drawing and Articles of Racing Cars from the Early 1950’s to the Early 1970’s

For all F1 scale model news...

Topic author
Hacksaw
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Drawing and Articles of Racing Cars from the Early 1950’s to the Early 1970’s

Post by Hacksaw »

It looks as though the VSRN website may soon be off line, this link to a slot car forum explains:
https://www.slotforum.com/threads/vsrn- ... ce.154394/

I and some other members have referred to the articles and scale drawings on the VSRN website many times so I would urge forum members to visit the following link and see what there is that might interest you.
It is important to realize that while some of the drawings from the VSRN website are available elsewhere on the internet I haven’t seen any other websites that have published the articles that complement the scale drawings.
This link will take you to the VSRN page that lists the articles and drawings that were published Model Cars magazine:
http://web.archive.org/web/200712081957 ... Plans.html
1/. Click on the time period that you are interested in and
2/. The link will open up a list of the articles and drawing that are available, remember the dates shown in the righthand column are the publication date of the magazine so a car that may have raced in one year might not have been the subject of an article and drawing until the following year,
3/. Scroll down to view titles of the articles and drawings,
4/. Click on the page number to open the page.
This will keep those interested racing cars before the early 1970’s occupied for hours.

Hacksaw

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Drawing and Articles of Racing Cars from the Early 1950’s to the Early 1970’s

Post by JamesB »

THanks for sharing, yes it's full of great stuff. I foresee a lot of "Ctrl-S" :lol:

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Re: Drawing and Articles of Racing Cars from the Early 1950’s to the Early 1970’s

Post by Orso »

The first link leads to a thread from 2017 and the second to wayback machine that is a backup site for old sites.
I guess it is long gone already.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yes, maybe, but those:
[ 1951 - 1963 Plans # 1 - 140 ]

[ 1964 - 1966 Plans # 141 - 231 ]

[ 1967 - 1972 Plans # 232 - 332 ]

on the second link are full of nice plans 8) 8)

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Orso, you need to use the second link, it works fine :)

However, while it is nice to see these drawings, and thanks for sharing Hacksaw!, it must be said these were made before computers, and are of questionable measurements.
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

BMW wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:56 pm However, while it is nice to see these drawings, and thanks for sharing Hacksaw!, it must be said these were made before computers, and are of questionable measurements.
Yes, you are sure on this one, mate. But its better than nothing specially in some cases. I never trust too much in drawings, but well at least sometimes you can understand geometries and morphologies that are not clear :wink:

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

BMW wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:56 pm Orso, you need to use the second link, it works fine :)

However, while it is nice to see these drawings, and thanks for sharing Hacksaw!, it must be said these were made before computers, and are of questionable measurements.
As I said. It is not the original site. It is a "backup" at wayback machine, not the VSRN website. From the frontpage at wayback:
"The Wayback Machine is an initiative of the Internet Archive, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form.
Other projects include Open Library & archive-it.org."