1/8 Lotus 72 Pocher...

For all F1 scale model news...

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Re: 1/8 Lotus 72 Pocher...

Post by SeanMAIN »

Oh, ok. I’m sorry, I’m juggling a 100 things right now. The 4/4 is a good entry. The 312 looks a look odd, but I’ve never really liked that car.

I had both new Lambos and sold them. I didn’t find that that interesting either after I bought them. But they were very well designed and produced. One of my faves was a $30.00 RC Hennessy Venom that I bought to practice painting large scale bodies. I bought three and they are awesome. Easy to take apart, prep and paint and the results for a $30.00 model were shocking for the price. Really nice BBS style rims, great tires. I still have one I haven’t painted. I learned a lot off those. I was not very good at painting, but I feel that I can hold my own now.

MPK
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Finland

Post by MPK »

SeanMAIN, your 1/4 scale MP4/14 sure is interesting. Are you going to build a full detail model?
The MP4/4 was out of stock, and I’m not 100% convinced about the quality of 312T4, so I played it safe and placed a pre-order for Duck R final edition. Now all I have to decide if I’ll use Paul Koo’s or Autograph’s detail set.
Matti

ClassicF1
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Great Britain

Post by ClassicF1 »

This is discussed at some length over on Britmodeller and Pochers brand manager has contributed, interesting and bodes well for this and future releases.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/ind ... -a-winner/

Dave

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

MPK...you will not be unhappy with the Duck. The size and detail are just nuts, even without a detail set. I have the second bike, and will be preordering the third from Uli/Autograph.

As for the 4/4, it started out as an RC car, so the only detail I can add is to the brakes and the cockpit, as well as getting the paint right. The brakes will be turned aluminum and HUGE!. It’s a big platform, so a very long runway for a curbside.

MPK
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Finland

Post by MPK »

That’s where I placed my pre-order. I’m also tempted to get 1/4 Honda 750...
Matti

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Autographmodel is great. I’ve been buying from them for years. Very professional. I’d go for the Honda if you can. These bigs bikes are great.

I hope Pocher can maintain some stability and push out a few interesting kits. That Cosworth opens some doors. I would assume the Lotus 79 could be next. Pocher seems to make several from one manufacture, Lambo, Ducati. Too bad the Lotus 107 wasn’t more successful. I like that car and it’s variations.

McLaren would be a great place to mine some gold. The winning LeMans F1 would be awesome.

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

I like the 72 and would consider it, but my choice would be a Lotus 49 since they are tooling the ford DFV. I like the Tyrrell 003 also for 1/8.

MPK
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Finland

Post by MPK »

Lotus 49 would be absolutely awesome!
Matti

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I would likely see a re edition of the Kyosho MP 4/4 in 1:8, very nice engineered!
Take a stand!

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

gp-models wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:45 am I would likely see a re edition of the Kyosho MP 4/4 in 1:8, very nice engineered!
If the MP4/4 was to be re-released let's hope that it is somehow offered through someone OTHER than Model-Space, sold as a complete kit and includes the "extras" that were sold on a completely stupid lottery system in Japan only. At least make them optional add-on purchases.
While I'm dreaming it would be nice if Model-Space stopped being such a poorly run company, actually provided good customer service, and didn't have such misleading advertising and sales practices.