1/8 Lotus 72 Pocher...

For all F1 scale model news...

tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: 1/8 Lotus 72 Pocher...

Post by tifosi157 »

how are they going to supply JPS decals? it may be tricky to match the gold color if they rely on aftermarket + added cost

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Matti, while the kits are not cheap, the new kits are very well designed and built. They are nothing like the older 1/8 kits that took a lot or effort to make right. The one downside with the subscription kits is they cost most than say a Pocher 1/8, however all of the paintwork is done and all you have to do is assemble and concentrate on super detailing. The one kit I do not like is the MP4/23. It is overly complex and as a modern F1 car, it lacks the engine detail of the MP4/4 they also make. I will probably dump that one off. I just don’t want to build it. I even offered to a friend for free and he didn’t want it! I am building the 427 Cobra at the moment. It’s from a new company, Agora. Quality is pretty good and lots of room in that engine bay to detail it out. I just finished a 1/4 bike from a subscription and it is awesome. Went together easy and I will likely buy another as you have to see it with the bodywork off. But you also have to see it with the bodywork on! Yeah, it’s an expensive hobby, but I feel worth it to me.

Eagle
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All American Racers
United States of America

Post by Eagle »

8th scale is pretty much all I'm building now; being 70 I also find the larger scales easier to work and detail. There is a mixed bag of quality in these kits, DeAgostini Gt40 is only fair to middling; the Ferrari 312T4 made by Centauria and imported by DeAgostini has bodywork paint issues and so far they have not supplied any replacement parts.The Type coupe paint finish could have been better, color mismatch on hood, but gorgeous wire wheels. I have bypassed Agora so far as their offerings do not interest me,the back end of the Cobra doesn't look right and the engine is very simple, like the Shelby GT500SS-- at least until the Jaguar roadster is shown more in detail. I was fairly pleased with the quality of the Hatchette LaFerrari despite the doors not working properly after a while, currently building Hatchette Lamborghini Miura , on third installment and very pleased with paint quality and parts integration so far. Eaglemoss; Mercedes 300SL Gullwing is poor paint and fit/finish; but the DeLorean is quite good , especially when adding upgraded electronics. I built the matte finish Pocher/Hornby Aventador,a good kit, waiting on the Mercedes SLR, which has been delayed again- will wait for detail photos of the 72D before making commitment.

Best kit in this scale I would rate the DeAgostini MP4/4 -prefinished bodywork paint the best of any kit in this scale and great detail and quality.

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

I am currently buying the 427. You’re right, the engine looks simple, however, when assembled, it’s not that bad and there is a lot of room to improve. The car the display from what I understand, is a 3D printed promo version, not the finished product. At the moment, I only have the hood. I had planned on changing color, but after seeing the quality, I am just going to focus on detailing. At the moment, not interested in their other offerings. Al the cool cars like the F40LM, the Miura, and a few others are not available here. So I have to take what I can get. I will start a couple of threads soon about the Cobra and a 1/4 MP4/14 I am working on.

On that 1/4 scale car. I received it pretty busted up, but I put is all back together and I primed it in the West livery to see if I could pull it off. There is still a very long way to go, but I am pleased and will invest on metal brakes, high quality decals, and I finally learned to paint a body well enough to try this. There was some encouragement from some members here to do the West and not cheat the Orange testing livery from the year before.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Looks a bit like curbside, cockpit bodywork not removable, right??
Take a stand!

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

gp-models wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:44 pm Looks a bit like curbside, cockpit bodywork not removable, right??
I would say this a 3D rendering.
But on the other hand I think that it's a strange release. We have two 1/8 kits on the ebay-"market" and they choose one of them :)
So the question is...sell the Eidei kits and buy the protar or keep them !?

But I'm really interested whats coming our way and the price is not that uninteresting.

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

MPK
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Finland

Post by MPK »

SeanMAIN, Eagle: Thank you both for your encouragement and advice. 8th scale modeling (or 12th with MFH kits) isn't a cheap hobby, but I think I'll find it much more rewarding than trying to achieve impossible results in smaller scale.
Last edited by MPK on Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matti

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

daniel wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:26 pm
gp-models wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:44 pm Looks a bit like curbside, cockpit bodywork not removable, right??
I would say this a 3D rendering.
But on the other hand I think that it's a strange release. We have two 1/8 kits on the ebay-"market" and they choose one of them :)
So the question is...sell the Eidei kits and buy the protar or keep them !?

But I'm really interested whats coming our way and the price is not that uninteresting.
Possible that it is a rendering, let`s wait for the final version. It is hard to find an Eida grip kit, or better they are not cheap and as it was a succesfull car, it makes sence to come up with a new one (from buisness side).
Only thing i hope is that it will not be expensive like the Eida Grip finaly!
Take a stand!

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

It's 720€, so its a a lot more expensive then the Eidei's use to go on ebay

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

Ooh - this is interesting - Pocher state in reply to a comment on the Facebook page that the graphics will be pre-applied on the body panels. They also mention re-release of the Aventador models and more future releases of F1 and Le Mans subjects. Honey - we're gonna need a bigger house!