SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2021

Post by SBEST »

MPK wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:47 am
SBEST wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:30 am That's great about the MP4/2. I hope the secondary manufacturers can provide upgrades as well. I would be interested in brake upgrades for this car and other pieces as well.
Top Studio might just do the trick...
It's such an iconic car you could do a lot with it.

MPK
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Finland

Post by MPK »

From this picture we can't tell that Italeri kit will be superior to Protar one.

https://i.imgur.com/7ofHZDe.jpg

https://www.scalemates.com/products/pro ... =timeline#
Last edited by MPK on Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matti

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

I can pretty much guarantee you that whoever updated that Scalemates page has exactly as much information as you do, and it just assuming it's a direct re-issue of the Protar kit.

Don't get me wrong, that's almost certainly going to be the case. But it's the equivalent of 'some bloke at a hobby shop said so' as far as "proof" is concerned.
Je ne regrette rien.

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

I got myself the rereleased Lancia LC2 last year, and from what I could see, it had a new drawn decalsheet.
That's all 'new parts' I would suspect for a new released MP4/2C.

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

MPK wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 pm From this picture we can't tell that Italeri kit will be superior to Protar one.

https://i.imgur.com/7ofHZDe.jpg

https://www.scalemates.com/products/pro ... =timeline#
I myself created the MP4 / 2C yesterday morning at Scalemates.
But it has already been revised again as you can see.
I created the set as a new kit (but that is also an assumption), but anyone can make an adjustment, so I wouldn't give so much to the current condition or status!! :wink:
Greetings Thomas

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Good news on this one! As the price for the Protar has raised to abnormal i cheer that someone is going after this car, no matter if it is the old Protar, a re release is good news to me :)
Take a stand!

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

“THE MODELING NEWS” has the new Italeri release catalog posted, this car is in the Catolog as a 1/12 release, it does not say it is an all new kit, where they have a Lances Rally car in 1/12 that they list as all new. I am thinking it is not unreasonable to believe that this is a rerelease of the Protar kit but the announcement does not say that either. Anyway if you are looking for this it is coming. Italeri has done some nice all new kits lately in 1/12 they seem to have a real interest in that product line, the Alfa Romeo 8c looks incredible, they did the RE20 which looks great and the other Alfa F-1 car looks great.

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

Kudos to Italeri for re-releasing the Protar kits, though yes, it would be great if they made improvements to items such as the wheels. New tooling is no doubt expensive. Judging by their previous "Protars", the RE20, the Alfas, the Mefistofele, the Fiat, there would be nothing new in the MP4/2C other than decals. If they are willing to pay Ferrari licensing fees, there could be a 1/12 312-B2, 312T, 312T2, 312T3, 312T4, and the 312T5 .... warts and all. However, Revell did the Protar 126 C2, so who has which molds??? Could Italeri be tempted to release a new tool F1 kit of their own???

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

I remember that I spoke to the German Revell modelling official guy some years ago.
I ask him why they don't re-release that old Protar stuff and the answer was the molds are nearly destroyed and the kind of kits are non selling.
On the other side they re-release that very old Porsche RSR in 1/24 every year and these molds are more than 30 years old in bad shape.

Hat up to Italieri for having these big balls to bring some new cars and some older stuff.
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

high510
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by high510 »

I was thinking about this when I sold the Tamiya 1/12 '09 Yamaha YZR-M1 in November. I bought it at the LHS for $30 two years ago on the discount table. They simply could not sell it. Fast forward 18 months when I try to get the after market forks for it on the bay. I noticed the kit itself was fetching $200. WT.... heck I asked myself... So I sold it for $160 and paid for a stash of F1 kits I bought off a guy.

Why can I get $160 when the LHS couldn't sell it for $30. The way I see it, Tamiya makes a few (several) thousand kits they figure they can sell at $50. They sell 99% of them at basically that price. A few sit on shelves at LHS. There are 100 folks around the globe that suddenly see the kit is not available and bid up the price online. The 10 kits left start getting remarkable prices. Everyone then asks Tamiya, Revell, Italeri, et. al. why don't you make another 10,000 kits, you can get $200 for the Yamaha...? It turns out that only a handful of people want the kit so bad and have $200 in the account to spend as they wish. I bet what the Revell guy said is very true. If they make 5000 1980 Renault F1 kits and sell them for $130, they would not sell the 5000 kits.