PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2021

For all F1 scale model news...

leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2021

Post by leafs004 »

Looking at pricing for 1/12 models between us/Asia/Europe, my guess is price will be around 250 us.
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I hope that Top Studio is awared of it and will put it on the to do list! :)
Take a stand!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

leafs004 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:04 pm Looking at pricing for 1/12 models between us/Asia/Europe, my guess is price will be around 250 us.
I’d prefer less! But well let’s see

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

JamesB wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:53 am
leafs004 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:04 pm Looking at pricing for 1/12 models between us/Asia/Europe, my guess is price will be around 250 us.
I’d prefer less! But well let’s see
Heard from a little birdie that the price will be in the 255 euro range. I also thought i would be way less, like a Tamiya kit.
Best regards,
Lesley

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

eyckles wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:51 pm
I also thought i would be way less, like a Tamiya kit.
Problem with that line of thinking is that Tamiya are not releasing new kits, only re-releases. So, there is no kit development to include into the cost because that was paid for years ago. The 99T cost is for a completely new kit. I would bet 2/1 that if we were talking a Tamiya 1/12 brand new kit with all new development costs included in the price the cost would be double what Nunu is projecting. :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

Icon_Modeler wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:30 pm
eyckles wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:51 pm
I also thought i would be way less, like a Tamiya kit.
Problem with that line of thinking is that Tamiya are not releasing new kits, only re-releases. So, there is no kit development to include into the cost because that was paid for years ago. The 99T cost is for a completely new kit. I would bet 2/1 that if we were talking a Tamiya 1/12 brand new kit with all new development costs included in the price the cost would be double what Nunu is projecting. :D
Yes, I agree with Derek, but let's not say it too loud or Tamiya might get ideas!.. Although it would be good and bad (new 1/12 kit :P / price sky high :cry: )
Dede.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

The opinion regarding Tamiya may be true. But I wonder if new technology can have the effect of reducing the cost and cycle time of a new kit?

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

If we were to look at Tamiya's "recent" all new 1/12th kits, the Ferrari Enzo and Porsche Carrera GT, they were more than double the cost of the 1/12th re-releases at the time. It would be a tough decision to choose what F1 car to release in order to recover the huge costs involved. I suppose a Senna car is a pretty safe bet worldwide. Revell DE gambled on a Schumacher car, and managed a reasonable price. I don't know how big a seller it was, but there seems to be quite a few out there. Italeri manages to produce Alfa 8C 2300's, etc. at fairly reasonable prices.....

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

prices for raw material are skyrocketing (+25% & up), so i think it won't be long before this also will be reflected in prices of our models...

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

bestbalsakits wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:41 pm prices for raw material are skyrocketing (+25% & up), so i think it won't be long before this also will be reflected in prices of our models...

Wim
That`s right Wim, it surely will hit the model market as well, seen prices for wood rising up to 300%, and this is only the beginning! Try to find some usuall needed stuff like paints and you will see that a lot of things are no more like in the past, rough times we have to hit!
Take a stand!