steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2021

Post by steinietrabi »

sky1911 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:26 am Correct me, if I'm wrong - but Honda did not win the championship this year, Mad Max did (driver's title). The constructor's championship was won by Mercedes (again). Also re: number of wins - the two years mentioned (1991 and 2021) can not really be compared - 10/16 races in 1991 vs. 10/22 in 2021. Overall numbers yes, same amount of wins / year, but percentage wise 62,5% in 1991 vs 45,45% in 2021. Btw that is 8 straight back to back manufacturer's titles for Mercedes, which btw. is also a new record.
You are right about everything.

I think Eric only thinks that it is a world champion's car (let's hope it stays that way and it won't decide everything later on at the green table, although some will already say it was not decided directly on the track - but I would say that the drivers are not responsible for the FIA's decisions - neither Max nor Lewis) with a Honda engine.
Greetings Thomas

Eric1968
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Eric Evain
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alain Prost
France

Post by Eric1968 »

You're right Thomas. I was thinking only as a modeler: the only chance to have a 1/20 Tamiya F1 kit is to see a WC F1 with a Honda engine. I don't know if it will be enough forTamiya but it could help. I know that Tamiya regularly meet major japanese constructor (Toyota, Honda, etc) so I couldn't imagine a Tamiya & Honda meeting with "we have a F1 world champion car this year, but it doesn't matter". Tamiya didin't release any endurance kits for years but finaly when Toyoya won 24h Le Mans then Tamiya produce the kit. Hope and crossing fingers !

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Verstappen is, if I know correctly, quite popular in Japan so that might come to your favor.
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

This would be the perfect year to produce both the Mercedes’ and the Red Bull cars as next year the cars are different so the manufactuterers may not be so protective and let Tamiya have descent access.

Eric1968
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Eric Evain
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alain Prost
France

Post by Eric1968 »

cbk57 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:57 am This would be the perfect year to produce both the Mercedes’ and the Red Bull cars as next year the cars are different so the manufactuterers may not be so protective and let Tamiya have descent access.
It would be nice but if Tamiya didn't produce any 1/20 Mercedes since 2014 I guess they won't.

kimi_8
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Leclerc
Great Britain

Post by kimi_8 »

Ferrari allowed pretty good access to their recent F1 car (2017?) so there's hope for Red Bull

edit: Tamiya have relationship with them already after they produced whatever car it was