December 2020 1/12 news

For all F1 scale model news...

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: December 2020 1/12 news

Post by Noddy »

I don't think I have ever seen a new 1/12 release from MFH fall off the front page of this forum so quickly!
The only DTM car to ever stir any passion and without knowing anything about the detail in the model people are already dismissing it as they have already got the Tamiya. Like there's any comparison, lol.

Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

Post by Sennafan »

Well they did the Risi 488, so I can only hope for a 333sp, home town fave of mine, I would take Toshiba or Olive Garden

But yes Momo is the main one

I will buy this car as it is a famous DTM car, even with a Tamiya version

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

Sennafan wrote:so I can only hope for a 333sp
I really expected Hiro to do a 333 on the 25th anniversary of the 1995 Sebring win along with the driver's and manufacturer's championships.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Well this has to be a Covid 19 record. Shipped 24 hours ago and already in my hands from Tokyo to Chicago. I know Fedex is fast but it's Christmas time and Covid is slowing everything.

The model looks very nice. I am still looking it over but so far it looks accurate. These DTM cars are strange with small bits of production cars joined together with pretty much an F1 car. The way they did the rules on the floor pan is kind of funny, almost as funny as how Alfa and FIAT along with loaned Ferrari engineers got around the rules on the 155 DTM. It's no wonder Ferrari did so bad in 1992-1994 in F1. FIAT group put to much time and effort into this series so they could beat the Germans on home turf.