Finally FW14B detail set

For all F1 scale model news...

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Finally FW14B detail set

Post by bossy122 »

An early type AND a late type? How different was the rest of the car? Can both be done with the first 5 detail sets or just one or the other? I don't need someone saying, " Ah, you have the late engine with the early CPU, silly boy."

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

bossy122 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:21 pm An early type AND a late type? How different was the rest of the car? Can both be done with the first 5 detail sets or just one or the other? I don't need someone saying, " Ah, you have the late engine with the early CPU, silly boy."
+1
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

dancraft
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Australia

Post by dancraft »

[img][/img]
bossy122 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:21 pm An early type AND a late type? How different was the rest of the car? Can both be done with the first 5 detail sets or just one or the other? I don't need someone saying, " Ah, you have the late engine with the early CPU, silly boy."
I don’t have them on hand to check, but I can remember one of the previous sets noting some differences in the instructions depending on whether you were building the early or late engine.
It kinda gave the game away that there might be two engine sets. I don’t think too many people noticed it though.

Regards, Dan

*EDIT…… I’ve just checked online and the set in question was the ECU/Radiator set.
The optional parts are the radiation necks, so I’m guessing the water pumps will be different too.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

GT-F2 should be able to answer these questions, i hope he will post about that when he reads it.
Interesting would be to know at what specific race they changed the engine, or was it only a qualifying engine? Still not sure about that.

Finaly i`m a bit thrilled by the oppertunity to do both versions, thank you Mr Tang for giving us this choice! :)
It looks tasty, but i will hold on a pre order till the information is out, maybe Top Studio itself will release further information on it.
Take a stand!

willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

I've been researching this build for months now and from what I can see the main differences are just the engine, the Haynes manual tells what engine was in the cars at each race and they seemed to swap around. I wondered how TS would approach that area, seems they've taken the best option. Kit engine is a mix of RS3C and RS4, here are the main differences for anyone interested, with (kit) denoting the Tamiya supplied parts... I'm tackling the British GP practice and qualifying car of Mansell so it's an RS4 for me, RS4 wasn't raced until Hungary but the sidepod set up was different in all the races and looks a bit sparse compared to the practice cars.

RS3C
-Alternator mounted in the Vee at the back, driven from RH inlet cam.
-Throttle slides
-Side mounted fuel rails and injectors (kit)
-Hyd pump mounted over gearbox and driven by gearbox from LH inlet cam (kit)
- 2 piece cam cover and water pipes

RS4
-Alternator mounted in the front of the Vee, driven by LH inlet cam (kit)
-Throttle butterflies (kit??) Kit parts look like slides but have rotary pots on the back!!
-Fuel rail located above injectors in the airbox
-Hyd pump mounted in the vee at the back, driven by RH inlet cam
-1 piece cam cover and water pipe (kit)

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Can anyone confirm that there will be complete detail set, which would include all subsets ?
Or one has to collect all subsets ?

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

lezdep wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:15 pm Can anyone confirm that there will be complete detail set, which would include all subsets ?
Or one has to collect all subsets ?
Actually i have no clue, looking backward to the Mclaren they released the single sets and finaly a complete one, but there was no choice for 2 different engines, so they might do 2 full sets maybe.
Take a stand!

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

I recently contacted Top Studio and asked if a full "Super Detail Set" would be released, as with the MP4/6, and received a very brief reply of "Yes, we will" with no mention of a time frame. I was not aware of the different engines at the time, so didn't ask. I doubt they would have given me details of a future product anyways.

leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by leafs004 »

And the early.
Attachments
1D55A787-09D1-4E50-90BF-092306E695E3.jpeg
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by leafs004 »

And driveshafts.
Attachments
E42267BF-67EF-4CB6-A3C2-5875360DA8E0.jpeg
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?