Very cool!!!

Fast289back
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Wolf
Canada

Re: New Shapeways Store

Post by Fast289back »

Amazing stuff. Don’t own this particular kit but this sure has me thinking I should start searching.

dmarek
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Dave Marek
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda of course
James Hunt
United States of America

Post by dmarek »

I was going to build those exact parts- Now I don't have to!!! Keep em coming

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

willster127 wrote:Just got the first test prints of the McLaren axles to check fit and function. A couple of small tweaks and these will be available in the store, I love them!!!
Please consider scaling then for the 1/12th McLaren as well. Also, can you do the rear brake ducts for the 1/12th M23. Hiro, kit does not have them.

Topic author
willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

SBEST wrote:
willster127 wrote:Just got the first test prints of the McLaren axles to check fit and function. A couple of small tweaks and these will be available in the store, I love them!!!
Please consider scaling then for the 1/12th McLaren as well. Also, can you do the rear brake ducts for the 1/12th M23. Hiro, kit does not have them.
I can look at doing almost anything, please send me some images or add them to this thread and I'll take a look. Everything I am doing for the 1:8 I plan to scale down to 1:12 after it's completed!!

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Great work ! Looking forward to 1/12 scale parts.

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

How does Shapeways work? I'd like a night stage light pod for a Subaru Legacy, but I have no knowledge of how to design one?
Steve Noble

Topic author
willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

SteveNoble wrote:How does Shapeways work? I'd like a night stage light pod for a Subaru Legacy, but I have no knowledge of how to design one?
You need a 3D design package, I use Solidworks, but fusion360 is web based and free to use if you don't own your own package of another software. Then you 3D model up what you want and upload an stl file to shapeways, simple as that. There are design guidelines for the different materials on the shapeways website and they check your model for printability when you upload it.

Once it's tweaked and printable you add it to the cart and it turns up at your door about 7-10 days later.

Topic author
willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

1:8 scale Mclaren parts finally available!! the axle set has been tweaked and uploaded!!

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/willrace-scale-models

I'll finish up the intakes soon, sorry for any delays, but the DFV intakes will be worth the wait and I will scale them down to 1:12!!!!

Topic author
willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

So, I've gone through 3 iterations of these things now. They always looked good but they never looked right to me, a few months back I realized that Cosworth used the same castings for both sides and just machined them differently. The small blocks that hold the throttle control rod were what gave it away but It really took a few weeks to see how all the bolt holes lined up as well as the way either end looks different. Either way, I figured it out and deleted all I had before, modelled a casting that satisfied both sides, then "machined" each side individually in CAD The upper plates are now finished, Working on the lower pieces that bolt to the head and this one will be ready soon, this will be the first 1:12 part too and will be coming soon!!

Sorry again for the delay but this was all born out of necessity with the missing sprue in my kit!!
Attachments
Intakes FB.jpg