New Shapeways Store

For all F1 scale model news...

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: New Shapeways Store

Post by jaydar »

I am relatively unfamiliar with printed parts. For example, what finishing, if any, is required prior to priming your wing?

It all looks very good.

Joe.

Topic author
willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

I've lightly sanded mine and will be hitting it with a filler primer later today, once I've modified the other side!!!

As a reference the primed brake duct wasn't sanded at all.

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

Great! Thank you for the response.

Joe.

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Have you considered packaging the Jordan 191 front wing and brake ducts together for a slightly cheaper price?

Topic author
willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

bossy122 wrote:Have you considered packaging the Jordan 191 front wing and brake ducts together for a slightly cheaper price?
Bossy, Yes, I was thinking about this over the weekend, I will try and get around to it this week at some point!!

Thanks for the suggestion!

shurick
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by shurick »

Can you please tell us which 1/8 parts are you working on? Thanks!

Topic author
willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

shurick wrote:Can you please tell us which 1/8 parts are you working on? Thanks!
I started the 1:8 parts out of necessity more than anything else, I acquired an Entex M23 and was missing an entire sprue of parts!! The sprue that was missing was a duplicate of another sprue so basically everything that is on both sides of the car was on each of the sprues.

So, the first thing I started modelling was the intakes for the DFV, these got got more and more detailed and I will ultimately add the throttle linkages etc. Second piece I am working on is the axle set up, gearbox to wheel along with brake discs and all mounting hardware, these are very nearly finished and should be up soon.

Next will be the front uprights and brakes and I'll probably do other bits as a when it takes my fancy. I haven't started building the car yet so haven't really got into it, I'm just drawing the pieces I know I will ultimately need.

The intakes are so nice I will probably pull a 1:12 Tamiya out of the closet when they are finished and scale them down, I could also make a single body out of it all and get it down to 1:20 with some work. I'm actually on my 3rd iteration of these, when I started I based it off the kit parts and some images, as I got further and further in something wasn't looking quite right and I realised that the castings are actually rotationally symetrical, it's the same casting on either side just machined differently. So, I took the decision to remodel it completely and now they look great, but I just can't stop myself adding more and more details!!!!!

shurick
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by shurick »

That sounds like fun! Looks like I will hold off on building my Entex kits until I can obtain parts you are creating. Will some of the stuff for DFV be interchangeble with the Entex Lotus?

Topic author
willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

shurick wrote:That sounds like fun! Looks like I will hold off on building my Entex kits until I can obtain parts you are creating. Will some of the stuff for DFV be interchangeble with the Entex Lotus?
I haven't been fortunate enough to get my hands on the Lotus, But, I would expect the DFV parts should be interchangeable. If anything is different I'd be happy to tweak it for you.

shurick
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by shurick »

The DFV engine sprue is actually identical between two models. I have both and it is exactly same interchangeble parts between two kits. Frame and suspension parts are different, but the engine upgrades should fit right in. The velocity stacks are slightly different design but I will discard them anyways as I have the TVF1 metal velocity stacks replacements coming in the mail.