Topic author
daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Scale-Details, new products, in progress, ideas

Post by daniel »

I had an old thred with the sam content but it looks as if it's lost somewere ?!?...ok here are some things I'm working on. Feedback is always welcome. I try to improve my few items as good as possible

A small run of machined wheels for the 1/12 BMW Csl. So far I will have the rims CNC machined, the centers will be resincast. Not sure about the locknut but since it will be a very limited run I guess I will go for resin..let's. I'm also thinking about some soft rubberwheels. The kit wheels are very poor and really need to be replaced but this also depends on the price. The wheels are simple replacements and no modifications are needed. My centerlocks are fakes and simply cover up those screws....smart idea ;-)

Wheels for the Ebbro Lotus 49 ...they will be made the same way like the Csl but this time no rubber wheels are needed.

Some crazy stuff that I did for my personal projects. Steering wheels in 1/43...a retro wheel, the wheel you see in most Williams from the 80's and a typical Momo from the 80's. Centers will be PE.

And here is another could be....idea is to make drivers of different eras 50's 70-80' and modern incl. decals and many different poses...but let's see. Here's a preview of a model...

Hope you like some of my ideas

hquednau
Team Owner
Team Owner

Re: Scale-Details, new products, in progress, ideas

Post by hquednau »

I'd love some new 1:12 drivers!! The guy in you pic would look great in the tamiya Porsche 910!

Belugawrx
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Belugawrx
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Wolf Williams Lotus
Canada

Post by Belugawrx »

Drivers Yes!!
Wheels look great too!
Bruce Coy

15badcats
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by 15badcats »

I'll buy the BMW Wheels would the price be a lot more with machined center nuts? Those would look a lot better

Tormentor
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Tormentor »

A 15'' wheelset for the Ferrari 126C2 in 1/20 would be that cool...

Topic author
daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Germany

Post by daniel »

It's been a long time I have been able to do something modeling related but finally I have something new to show.
These are the first machined samples of some new wheels. Don't worry about the visisble steps. These are just samples far measuring and to setup the CNC, the finals will be smooth.

Wheels for the Tamiya 934 in 1/24 turned rims and axle/locknuts and PE spokes

Lotus 49 wheels 1/20 for the Ebbro kit. CNC rims and lock/axles and the spokes are resin parts.

Wheels for the 1/12 BMW CLS turney rims, resin spokes. I'm pretty sure I will replace the locknuts with turned parts. I'm also thinking about a run of soft tirey to replace the kit parts. I have two kits and the tires are really bad and very fragile. So I guess new tires are a must.

All these parts will go in production this or the next week

Also I will do a rerun of my 1/12 Lotus 49 wheels and also a new set with correct rearwheels for the Lotus 49B....what dou you think about it ?

I have also two decalsheets ready to convert Tamiya 1/12 kits. No experience with decals so far but I'm sure this should be no problems....the CNC machining worked out also and I still have no idea what I'm doing :-)

Daniel

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Drivers in 1/12 scale ! ! NOT puppet like figures but realistic figures.This is realy a BIG hole in the market..there are some good figures around but only a few.I still have to see the first good one ( natural fitment of clothing,face expresion etc..) Also drivers in natural poses ..It is posible for the WWII figures so it should be posible with race gear..
This is what I am talking about !

Alex.
Attachments
78 MON 001.jpg
75 Long Beach.jpg
001.jpg

Topic author
daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Germany

Post by daniel »

Yes the drivers is really something I'm fiddling with...actually not really a problem but some modeling work. I did many 3D characters over the years but never liked that task...but YES I guess I will dig out the character I allready did and try to finish it

Eagle
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All American Racers
United States of America

Post by Eagle »

Count me in for the 12th scale Lotus 49B rear wheels, but offer them with machined fronts too please. :D I'd like to see 12th scale detailed drivers , how about a Colin Chapman too?

Topic author
daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Germany

Post by daniel »

Eagle wrote:Count me in for the 12th scale Lotus 49B rear wheels, but offer them with machined fronts too please.

:-) of course...I had the normal 49 in 1/12 were already available, so I only need to make new rears...
machined rims and these very small centers/spokes