Gooch
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Dave Sans
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: Airbrush for large areas

Post by Gooch »

I bought the Sparmax GP-850 0.5mm nozzle size sprays a fan pattern works really well I like it so far I haven't done anything bigger than 1/20th I working towards 1/12th. I happen to paint my SF70 today than saw this post. Here a link to it http://www.sparmaxair.com/product_detail.php?id=2&r=50

Regards,
Dave

Trs7139
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Trs7139 »

For larger models a very acceptable approach is to buy something like a Badger auto detail/touchup gun. Works quite well in the 20-35 psi range and the whole system can be had for well under $100 at a good auto finishing shop.

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Why not try this: https://smallvisuals.com/sparmax-gp-825-airbrush.html. It’s a fair price and heard it’s very good.
Best regards,
Lesley

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Big problem in larger guns is you need to know the needed air supply, some guns run an air supply that a normal airbrush compressor can`t deliever, the compressor allways has to deliever more air then the gun needs, otherwise the pressure is sinking down when working and you get into trouble. Some guns don`t have this technical information, don`t know why, but without this knowledge i would not buy any gun. I`m in use of 3 compressors today, started with an airbrush compressor with 1l reservoir, but i realized quickly that i need a bigger one for larger models then 1:43, so i bought another compressor which has a 5l tank and is good enough to supply most of the usual airbrush guns. For Mini guns like i use on real car parts for spot blending or even rims, i have a hugh compressor with a 100l tank, enough to supply any gun and even air supplied tools.
So be carefull when buying a gun when having only a normal airbrush compressor, the compressor should supply more air then the gun needs in work!
Take a stand!