multi media kits..

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2008 Group Build.

Topic author
old-fan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

multi media kits..

Post by old-fan »

hi everybody, i would just like a definative answer if thats possible, from some wise man that makes mm kits. i have embarked upon building a hiro ferrari and would love to know about how much i need to do prior to painting? some say polish the metal parts others say just clean em? i like the polished effect but have only done the larger peices, around 60 so far.i still have probably 150 or so mainly small and delicate white metal components and have experimented with cleaning them using a toothbrush and some smokers toothpaste as i fugured it would 'polish' them more? after that i clean with dish soap then rinse with copious aaounts of water...they dont come out polished particulary but must be pretty clean? overall it would save me a lot of time to clean em this way and be kinder to the little fragile parts...plz help me solve this dillemma someone! :?

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

RE: multi media kits..

Post by daniel »

why don't you just use some sandpaper for cleaning the parts ?
and most important ist to TEST FIT, because fit in some MFH kits is very bad and that should be done before painting.

daniel
-germany-

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

no need to 'polish' the parts. just clean them up and get rid of the holes/flaws. you'll know if you need to do more after you prime everything.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

In fact, if you polish them the paint may chip off more easily!