2008 Group Build : Log your subject

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2008 Group Build.

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Hi Paul, I asked the same question on a previous thread about this GB, and it was concluded that "yes", part of the body colour is green and so therefore it counts - even if it's only a small part of the overall scheme. The green isn't really a sponsor "logo" or "name", so it makes sense that it counts.
For the same reason I included my uncompleted 2005 RB1, as it's got some splashes of yellow on it.

Looking forward to seeing some progress threads guys!

Paul_Raterink
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Paul_Raterink »

That's great. I'll start making some time to build....yahoo!!

DustinXNascar
F2
F2

Post by DustinXNascar »

Is there is time to join in on the group build??
Dustin

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

well, there's no way the leyton house is green and the RB1 is a bit of a stretch but whatever, it's all for fun and rules are for bending and interpreting anyway you like - - after all, this is F1!

for me, i'm thinking the lotus 25 or the B194 - - or both.
both kits 1/43 from tameo.

DVST8R
F2
F2

Post by DVST8R »

Well I decided to go with something a bit left field, the Larousse Lamborghini Lola LC90. I hope it has enough yellow and green to count.

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Hey Grumps, yeah it's certainly open to a little interpretation. I was going on discussion in the previous GB thread where this was brought up specifically. At the time, what it came down to was that if there was an area of the bodywork which had a colour topcoat of green or yellow, then it counted. There was no talk of the 'predominant' colour.

I don't really mind either way of course, but then we've not really nailed down the exact details. At least my main build is green, and the others I just want an excuse to finish.

If there's others of you who feel strongly on this issue then say so. If you'd prefer that the main/predominant body coulor should be yellow or green, please point this out. I'm sure noone will really kick up a stink about it, and if we don't hear from you then we'll never know what the majority wants!

My 2c is that if the car has about 25% of the body coloured green or yellow then it's in (and I think the 2007 RA107 counts as being in). That would mean my RB1 build is essentially out, and the Leyton House would be marginal.

By the way, who is the person chairing/running this GB? emsquared is that you?
Can you chime in with some "basic" official rules in this regard, and perhaps post them for guidance?

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

BTW! asuming the yellow is a theme, a Rosberg Estoril '86 car would absolutely fit! :)
Anyone to take the plunge? ;-)

Emersonsquirrel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fittipaldi, Surtees, Williams, McLaren, Lotus
Great Britain

Post by Emersonsquirrel »

I'm glad that we agreed on the yellow/green theme, gives me a good reason to resurrect my Fittipaldi F6A project!

May have to talk nicely to JamesB about helping me out with some of the decals :wink:

ES

projectjava
Spectator
Spectator

Post by projectjava »

If its OK i'd like to join in on this build. I've got a Williams FW14B (tameo) and a Renault R23 (provence moulage) to do, both 1/43.

..ross..

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

May have to talk nicely to JamesB about helping me out with some of the decals
It depends... I have a long queue. :oops: I don't mean myself, I mean people waiting :lol:
If it's something easy, I am sending decals to print this wednesday or thursday. So hurry up, mate! :)